Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2014 5:35:42 PM EDT
Hello, gents.

I've been cutting down on exactly what firearms I have lately and I sold my primary CC handgun a few days ago. Since my primary CC handgun was 9mm, I thought maybe I could try .45 again, so I started looking at .45ACP handguns. I looked at the USP, FNX, 1911s, etc. and started looking at USPs again. I had played with a full size USP9 at a gun store I had applied to work at, but didn't have quite the cash they were looking for.

Last night, while I was looking around on GB, I found a pair of USP pistols on Gunbroker for under $500. (!) One was a V1, the other was a V2. I waffled over the V1 and missed out on it, but did manage to snag the V2 ($500 shipped with two 12er mags and original box!). I'm not a lefty but I figured that since my draw hand is my right, that it could be beneficial since there wouldn't be a safety lever digging into my side/hip. I also figure that I can just change the configuration from right hand side to left hand side pretty easily anyway. I figured that while I do this, I could install the match trigger kit. Does that require special tools besides punches?

With everything together, I'll still be ahead. I have not gotten to play with a full size USP45, but I figure that if I really don't like it that much (doubtful) the used market for USP handguns in New Mexico is really quite inflated and I wouldn't be out any money.

Anyone have any suggestions for an HK pistol newbie? No pics because it needs to get shipped here.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to look here
If you want a great trigger on that gun.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's getting the match trigger treatment, not sure whether I'll want to send it off... But I'll think about it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
No, no, no, no, threaded barrel and can.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly what parts are needed to make it a USP45T clone?
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OST
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. threaded barrel

2. recoil assymbly(???)

3. raised sights

4. match trigger

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the recoil assembly different because it is meant to work with a can? Cause I can make it a USP45T clone for like... ~500.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#8]
post pics when you get it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#9]
To convert a standard USP-great pistol BTW, I love mine-to use with a suppressor, you have to change the recoil assembly as well as the barrel. Sights as well to sit high above the can....
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's getting the match trigger treatment, not sure whether I'll want to send it off... But I'll think about it. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I installed the match trigger in mine. However, I will say that having another one on hand made it a lot easier to see how everything fit back together for reassembly.

I also put the HK45C mag release and night sights on mine. I added the sand (not rubber) textured decal grips and I like them.

If you can find genuine HK 12-round mags for $50 or so, I'd get some now.

EDIT: no special tools for the match trigger installation.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#11]
How 'bout, just shoot it?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top