User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny story about that.  I had emailed them a few weeks ago asking about availability.  Was told I would be notified.  Found out through other means they had another shipment up on the webstore.  $673 for the LEO model.  *click* bought it right then and there.  Got an email 1 day later from them about an in-stock notification.  Decided to click through to the website anyways.  Now $699 for the same model.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Online at G&R
Funny story about that.  I had emailed them a few weeks ago asking about availability.  Was told I would be notified.  Found out through other means they had another shipment up on the webstore.  $673 for the LEO model.  *click* bought it right then and there.  Got an email 1 day later from them about an in-stock notification.  Decided to click through to the website anyways.  Now $699 for the same model.  

$625.00 for regular sights and $699.00 for night sight model.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#2]
CompTac is making holsters now. Just bought a Mintoar MTAC. I'll let y'all know how it is.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
CompTac is making holsters now. Just bought a Mintoar MTAC. I'll let y'all know how it is.
View Quote

Thatvis sweet news.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I got to shoot mine today finally.  Sights were dead on and everything worked fine.  Mine has no rfid tag in it.  I like it better than the glock it replaced, I just wish magazines were more reasonably priced.  They are $43 after tax locally....  

Debating on a holster, does it fit in a p30 serpa?  
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got to shoot mine today finally.  Sights were dead on and everything worked fine.  Mine has no rfid tag in it.  I like it better than the glock it replaced, I just wish magazines were more reasonably priced.  They are $43 after tax locally....  

Debating on a holster, does it fit in a p30 serpa?  
View Quote

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/holsters/ultimate-hk-vp9-holster-list/
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Messed around with the backstrap and side panels. Went with large side panels and a medium backstrap.

Shot about 25 rounds, most of my shots were left. Figure not enough trigger finger. Swap out side panels for medium ones. Most of my shots are now bullseye to just left of the bullseye

You think I should go with a smaller backstrap? Or smaller side panels?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Messed around with the backstrap and side panels. Went with large side panels and a medium backstrap.

Shot about 25 rounds, most of my shots were left. Figure not enough trigger finger. Swap out side panels for medium ones. Most of my shots are now bullseye to just left of the bullseye

View Quote

Backstrap will change where you index up/down on the target when you press out. Side panels will affect your left/right.

I run the medium backstrap, medium right and large left. I'm right handed and this lets me get more of my weak hand on the gun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]
It's pretty subjective. I have large hands and am using the small backstrap and medium side panels. It feels like I have a better grip this way. That's one really nice thing about this setup, there are lots of different ways to set up the grip.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Plan on getting one tomorrow.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow ya very enticing , in the local shop the other day and looked one over pretty good and man seeing is one thing but having the real thing was impressive. Would prefer a larger caliber perhaps the near future.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Backstrap will change where you index up/down on the target when you press out. Side panels will affect your left/right.

I run the medium backstrap, medium right and large left. I'm right handed and this lets me get more of my weak hand on the gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never thought about using miss matching side panels . . . hmmmmm . . .
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Can anyone tell me if the P30 barrels interchangeable with the VP9?

As in… will the existing aftermarket P30 barrels work with
the VP9 or will we have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are not.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As in… will the existing aftermarket P30 barrels work withthe VP9 or will we have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up?

View Quote

Just like Gamma said, they will not. But aftermarket threaded barrels are already for sale
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just like Gamma said, they will not. But aftermarket threaded barrels are already for sale
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As in… will the existing aftermarket P30 barrels work withthe VP9 or will we have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up?

Cool…

My Google-fu must have been weak…

I must train!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:12:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Got a text from my buddy at my LGS that my VP9 is finally in!

My Fury Holster also gets in this Saturday, going to be a FANTASTIC weekend! Been needing one of these
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Picked it up and pushed 200 rounds through it. Loving this pistol.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#18]
If anyone is looking for an VP9 there are three that came into the gun store while I as there. They have nights sights and three mags. Gun gallery in JAX Fl. They are members here..
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Plan on getting one tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/rMy2IW7h.jpg

View Quote

At that price I would have walked out with it that day..
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought one, went shooting, and liked it enough that I sold my glock 19 at the range.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I bought one, went shooting, and liked it enough that I sold my glock 19 at the range.
View Quote

Thumbs-up!

Got just under 400 through mine after picking it up 3 days ago.  I'm liking it quite a bit.  Can't wait to put a lot more hard use on it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I got to shoot a friend's vp9 today at my club shoot.  Man it is a sweet shooter.  Looks like I'll be out $650https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laMmY8ISIiE
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#23]
My VP9 fits this holster like a glove if anyone is interested.

BLACKHAWK SERPA CQC CONCEALMENT H&K USP COMPACT
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If anyone is looking for an VP9 there are three that came into the gun store while I as there. They have nights sights and three mags. Gun gallery in JAX Fl. They are members here..
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up..I bought the last one yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Went to LGS in Raleigh (PDHSC), I was just looking around, and I was about to leave when I saw a single lonely VP9 (standard) at $581, their last one: it decided to follow me home...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I wish I could find one locally. I much prefer buying from a brick and mortar shop than some mega online retailer. So far I can't even find an overpriced one to fondle.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Email from cdnn just said 599$
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I caved and ordered one without fondling one locally.... Now I'm trying to get rid of my Glock 23
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I caved and ordered one without fondling one locally.... Now I'm trying to get rid of my Glock 23
View Quote
Nice.  Range report to follow ?

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, although because I slept on my decision to order rather than wait to find one locally I won't get it until Tues-Wed rather than Friday.... so the shooting trip is at least a week out
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Well today was my 4th range trip with the VP9 and unfortunately I had some issues.

400 rounds through the gun so far with flawless performance. A mix of white box, federal, and Critical Duty.

Today I picked up 100 rounds of ZQI 123gr. Never bought ZQI before. I ended up having 3 malfunctions. All 3 were the same. The extractor slipped off the case rim. After ripping the mag out, the slide would slam shut grabbing the empty case again. I could then pull the slide back to remove the case, however this required a bit of force as the cases seemed to be stuck in the chamber. I examined the brass and other than a mark from where the extractor slipped, there didnt seem to be any abnormalities.

Is ZQI just shit ammo?

I have my doubts about it being the firearm since the first 400 rounds were flawless.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well today was my 4th range trip with the VP9 and unfortunately I had some issues.

400 rounds through the gun so far with flawless performance. A mix of white box, federal, and Critical Duty.

Today I picked up 100 rounds of ZQI 123gr. Never bought ZQI before. I ended up having 3 malfunctions. All 3 were the same. The extractor slipped off the case rim. After ripping the mag out, the slide would slam shut grabbing the empty case again. I could then pull the slide back to remove the case, however this required a bit of force as the cases seemed to be stuck in the chamber. I examined the brass and other than a mark from where the extractor slipped, there didnt seem to be any abnormalities.

Is ZQI just shit ammo?

I have my doubts about it being the firearm since the first 400 rounds were flawless.
View Quote

Did you notice more recoil than normal? Sounds like the gun was unlocking too fast and it was still being held in the chamber and the extractor jumped the rim. It usually happens with hot out-of-spec ammo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Is ZQI just shit ammo?

View Quote

What was the slide getting hung up on? And how was the empty case being held to be picked up by the slide again?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I didn't notice any additional recoil.

Quoted:

What was the slide getting hung up on? And how was the empty case being held to be picked up by the slide again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is ZQI just shit ammo?

The slide was traveling rearward and attempting to pick up another round from the mag. Of course the nose of the new round would get rammed up against the case still in the chamber, and it wouldnt feed. The slide would stay rearward, pressed against the new round, attempting to remove it from the mag.

Ripping the mag out would release the slide, causing it to close and skip over the rim and go back into battery. A slow firm pull of the slide rearward would then remove the stuck case.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Is ZQI just shit ammo?

View Quote

ZQI sounds like it is about NATO spec. We put 100 rounds of Winchester NATO 9mm through our VP9 without a problem though. Have you tried any +P+ or other NATO spec 9mm in your VP9?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#36]
So for those that don't know, Safariland recently released ALS rigs for the p30/p30L with a light. Safariland hit a home run with this one. Fit is absolutely perfect.

The P30L locks in to the holster with or without the light! Very cool. With the DG switch it is very tight - I had to file on the edge a little as it was sharp, but it fits in fine.

On an even cooler note ..... The VP9 also locks into the holster. There is some up/down play due to the muzzle being shorter, so I wouldn't carry it on duty without a light attached.

It's already on my duty rig.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I got to handle a VP9 today at the LGS.

first....I'm a glock guy...my EDC is a g23...and I found the VP9 to feel world's better...fantastic trigger..A bit heavier than my g35..but crisp and clean...I live the paddle mag release...and ND the reset is quick and positive. ..it is basically what the glock should be after almost 30 years on the market.

I will be buying a VP9...and it will likely replace my G23 as my EDC.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#38]
I still don't have mine It was shipped last Thursday, reached my city Friday but too late to deliver, stayed at their warehouse through labor day weekend, and then the kicker..... My FFL has a day job so we've requested it be held for pickup at their sorting facility and they don't. Instead they keep trying to deliver it to his house when he's not there. He's made two trips to the warehouse to pick it up only for them to say "sorry it's already on the truck"

I am so pissed
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I got to shoot the local fun stores rental today. It's very nice and a awesome grip. A little snappy but I am coming from full size 1911s so I am most likely just not used to it. The mag release is a little different,  I could not drop the mag while pointing the gun. I had to tip it to the side to reach. With more use I am sure it would be fine. It is smaller then it looks in photos. I really like the slide tabs on the rear.

I will be buying this gun, just not at the 780 the store is selling the night sight model for.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I got to shoot the local fun stores rental today. It's very nice and a awesome grip. A little snappy but I am coming from full size 1911s so I am most likely just not used to it. The mag release is a little different,  I could not drop the mag while pointing the gun. I had to tip it to the side to reach. With more use I am sure it would be fine. It is smaller then it looks in photos. I really like the slide tabs on the rear.

I will be buying this gun, just not at the 780 the store is selling the night sight model for.
View Quote

Your perception is correct. The VP9 and the PPQ both share the "high bore axis" gene. That's what makes it feel snappy. I notice it, but it doesn't cause problems for me like a Sig does. (I feel like I'm waiting a week for the recoil to finish.) The 1911 has a much lower bore axis.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Your perception is correct. The VP9 and the PPQ both share the "high bore axis" gene. That's what makes it feel snappy. I notice it, but it doesn't cause problems for me like a Sig does. (I feel like I'm waiting a week for the recoil to finish.) The 1911 has a much lower bore axis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh. Enough with all this "bore axis" business. If you can shoot well enough where the miniscule difference between bore heights on two different pistols makes any difference, you're in the business of shooting for money, and you wouldn't be discussing it on a gun forum. There are a multitude of factors that affect recoil, weight of the gun, recoil spring weight, grip angle, and the number one most important factor, how well your grip and shooting technique controls said recoil.  The only way you could measurably compare recoil due to bore axis would be to have two mechanically identical pistols of the same make and model, the only difference being the height of the bore.  Anything else is apples to oranges.

ETA: Rob Leatham often rocks a Springfield XD(M) in competition, and I dare you to find a semiauto pistol with a higher bore axis than an XD. Would anyone like to suggest to him that he needs a "lower bore axis"?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ugh. Enough with all this "bore axis" business. If you can shoot well enough where the miniscule difference between bore heights on two different pistols makes any difference, you're in the business of shooting for money, and you wouldn't be discussing it on a gun forum. There are a multitude of factors that affect recoil, weight of the gun, recoil spring weight, grip angle, and the number one most important factor, how well your grip and shooting technique controls said recoil.  The only way you could measurably compare recoil due to bore axis would be to have two mechanically identical pistols of the same make and model, the only difference being the height of the bore.  Anything else is apples to oranges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Relax. I can tell the difference. I'm just not a competition level shooter. It may be more obvious if you start with a 1911 and shoot that a lot for 5-6 years. Then you might notice the difference. YMMV

On the VP9 subject, both of us stated that while we could feel the difference, it wasn't enough difference to bother us or, at least in my case, slow me down. IIRC several people on Todd's forum mention the same thing about the PPQ. In this case, it means that if you avoid some guns (like possibly Sigs) because of the high bore axis, you might be OK with the VP9, since it doesn't have as much effect.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Relax. I can tell the difference. I'm just not a competition level shooter. It may be more obvious if you start with a 1911 and shoot that a lot for 5-6 years. Then you might notice the difference. YMMV

On the VP9 subject, both of us stated that while we could feel the difference, it wasn't enough difference to bother us or, at least in my case, slow me down. IIRC several people on Todd's forum mention the same thing about the PPQ. In this case, it means that if you avoid some guns (like possibly Sigs) because of the high bore axis, you might be OK with the VP9, since it doesn't have as much effect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't doubt you felt a difference in two completely different pistols, but it wasn't due to "high bore axis". I run a Glock 17 for work and 3 gun normally, but sometimes I mix it up and run a USP compact in matches.  Little to no difference in my end score. My VP9 "feels" different than either, but again, it's a different gun. If I don't shoot it as well, I'm not going to blame "high bore axis", because if I don't turn in good times, it's on me, not the gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally!

I had to call FedEx and raise hell to get them to let my FFL pick it up last night. Going to try and go out tomorrow but I might wait until I get my Desert Eagle back from refinishing next week.

Initial impressions are very good, feels amazing in my hands. I ended up going with medium panel on the left, small backstrap, small panel on the right. I'm a southpaw with small hands. The sights are great for non night sights, they hold their glow for a decent amount of time after taking them out of the light.

Hardly any bigger than the Glock 23 it will replace, balances well and points naturally. Trigger is crisp but a tad heavier (not spongy though) than my M&P Pro, but has a much better reset.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Finally!

<a href="http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/BeatnikFink/media/VP9_zpscaf3b821.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j393/BeatnikFink/VP9_zpscaf3b821.jpg</a>

I had to call FedEx and raise hell to get them to let my FFL pick it up last night. Going to try and go out tomorrow but I might wait until I get my Desert Eagle back from refinishing next week.

Initial impressions are very good, feels amazing in my hands. I ended up going with medium panel on the left, small backstrap, small panel on the right. I'm a southpaw with small hands. The sights are great for non night sights, they hold their glow for a decent amount of time after taking them out of the light.

Hardly any bigger than the Glock 23 it will replace, balances well and points naturally. Trigger is crisp but a tad heavier (not spongy though) than my M&P Pro, but has a much better reset.
View Quote

Looks great!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's funny I always though my 1911 had a high bore axis I would guess most of that "snap" is just the fact my 1911 is more then twice the weight of the vp9

I put it next to a PPQ and it almost looks like one of the designers got fired and went to work for HK, They have a lot of the same features.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:09:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Not to worry,I don't have an h&k...yet, but my m&p 9 of 6k flawless round, outside of a dead trigger around 5k, had 6 or so fte's with the zq ammo, probably 40 rounds between two boxes (to insure it wasn't an isolated case). I could still be wrong, but if say the zq ammo is faulty or not meant for striker pistols. That said, I love the m&p but you guys are slowly talking me into a vp 9

Quoted:

Is ZQI just shit ammo?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's funny I always though my 1911 had a high bore axis I would guess most of that "snap" is just the fact my 1911 is more then twice the weight of the vp9

I put it next to a PPQ and it almost looks like one of the designers got fired and went to work for HK, They have a lot of the same features.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do look remarkably similar, but HK is mo' betta'.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#49]
My local range only has one, and it's their rental.
I took it for a spin, and I love it!

I may pick one up if I can find any here. Otherwise I want a long slide version!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I picked one up Thursday.  Took it out put 90 rds of 115g ball reloads through it & also 25 rds of mixed older defensive rds consisting of 124g golden Sabre,  hydra shok, and hst. Also shot some value 115g WWB hp. All the HP grouped well fired from 12yds they all landed X & 10 ring on B9 target, except the WWB 115 g which grouped low bordering 9/8 ring @6 o'clock.  The only issue I had with mine was slide not locking back on empty mag, which I attributed to my thumb engaging the slide lock.  Recoil is very manageable,  but has a slight upwards/vertical impulse to it. Not that big a deal to me, I think too many people have blown the recoil/ bore axis issue out of proportion.  Being a fanboy of an old antique 103 year old design sidearm with a silly external hammer, I really like the grip angle and how this vp9 naturally points for me while drawing from a holster. For me since it points more natural,  my draw to first hit on target times are approximately .25-.3 seconds quicker than a g19. Overall time for draw from concealment to 2 shots on 8" steel @9yds was ranging from 1.78-2seconds, vs 2-2.3 seconds for a g19. So for me at least the recoil/bore axis issue is not a factor.  Overall pretty happy with the vp9, now i'm just waiting for a correct  kydex holster for this which I should have delivered by end of month.
Page / 14
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top