User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes and the Glock 19 magazine is about the same size as the "compact" P2000 magazine.

HK could make a G19 size VP9 without losing capacity if they really wanted to poke a stick in Gastons eye.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The VP9 is closer to a G19 slide on a G17 frame.  I find it to be a handy pistol overall.  I CCW it all the time, but my previous carry gun was a G17.

I would like to see HK release a VP9C that uses P2000 Glock 19 mags.  This would drop capacity to 13 rounds, but yield a pistol closer in size to the G19.  That would be a slick carry gun.

FIFY
Wat?

You do know that the G19 is a 15 round magazine, correct? You know, the same number as the VP9 too, right?

Yes and the Glock 19 magazine is about the same size as the "compact" P2000 magazine.

HK could make a G19 size VP9 without losing capacity if they really wanted to poke a stick in Gastons eye.

That would never happen, Glock has a cult-like following and the fanbois with their emotional attached shrines are very big.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:14:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That would never happen, Glock has a cult-like following and the fanbois with their emotional attached shrines are very big.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The VP9 is closer to a G19 slide on a G17 frame.  I find it to be a handy pistol overall.  I CCW it all the time, but my previous carry gun was a G17.

I would like to see HK release a VP9C that uses P2000 Glock 19 mags.  This would drop capacity to 13 rounds, but yield a pistol closer in size to the G19.  That would be a slick carry gun.

FIFY
Wat?

You do know that the G19 is a 15 round magazine, correct? You know, the same number as the VP9 too, right?

And HK doesn't?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:36:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Two to the body one to the head...
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it has been posted but Nutnfancy just did a vp9 review comparing it with his beloved ppq. He said they almost felt identical to him. I usually can't watch an entire video but this one was pretty good. Worth a watch.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe it has been posted but Nutnfancy just did a vp9 review comparing it with his beloved ppq. He said they almost felt identical to him. I usually can't watch an entire video but this one was pretty good. Worth a watch.
View Quote

I watched it last night. And as long winded and he is sometimes, and with as much crap some guys give him I think for the most part he is pretty much spot on and this video is no exception.  

The VP9 was the 1st H&K I ever even considered because of H&Ks usual prices for what you get.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I watched it last night. And as long winded and he is sometimes, and with as much crap some guys give him I think for the most part he is pretty much spot on and this video is no exception.  

The VP9 was the 1st H&K I ever even considered because of H&Ks usual prices for what you get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that he sticks to his guns too. People give him constant shit for the length of his videos and he says early on in most videos that he doesn't give a shit. He knows he can make more money with shorter videos.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Fo or no?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fo or no?
View Quote
Yes. It's that good.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes. It's that good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fo or no?
Yes. It's that good.

It is the best stock trigger I've ever felt on a production gun. It has repeatedly demonstrated exceptional accuracy, and the ergos are downright perfect.

You cannot go wrong.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It is the best stock trigger I've ever felt on a production gun. It has repeatedly demonstrated exceptional accuracy, and the ergos are downright perfect.

You cannot go wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fo or no?
Yes. It's that good.

You cannot go wrong.
I might take issue with the "best stock trigger on a production gun" line, but it's pretty high up there, and probably one of the top 3 for a polymer pistol, and certainly in the top 2 for a striker.  

The other stuff is true

Fo, Fo like you mean it!  

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Just browsing the 'net and reading about the VP9 it sure has stirred up a lot of damn drama. I should have known anything involving the letters "H" & "K" get people all worked up.

I just hope my VP9 proves to be a solid, reliable carry pistol. It's definitely got big shoes to fill since it will eventually replace a time-proven P228.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just browsing the 'net and reading about the VP9 it sure has stirred up a lot of damn drama. I should have known anything involving the letters "H" & "K" get people all worked up.

I just hope my VP9 proves to be a solid, reliable carry pistol. It's definitely got big shoes to fill since it will eventually replace a time-proven P228.
View Quote

I'm well over 5k rounds with zero issues and excellent accuracy. I've carried mine every day since the last week of June. Definitely an excellent carry/ duty weapon but I have one issue with it.... The slide lock.

I have tried everything but I still keep the slide from locking back every once and while. If it's not my thumb, it's my support hand palm.

In my opinon it's a better handgun than a Glock 17/19 but I have lost my cofidence in it due to the reason I've state above. It just doesn't work with my hands/ shooting style. Therefore I am going back to the 17 as my daily carry...
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's because people are buying what they don't want you to buy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm well over 5k rounds with zero issues and excellent accuracy. I've carried mine every day since the last week of June. Definitely an excellent carry/ duty weapon but I have one issue with it.... The slide lock.

I have tried everything but I still keep the slide from locking back every once and while. If it's not my thumb, it's my support hand palm.

In my opinon it's a better handgun than a Glock 17/19 but I have lost my cofidence in it due to the reason I've state above. It just doesn't work with my hands/ shooting style. Therefore I am going back to the 17 as my daily carry...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The slide lock concerns me too. I'm left-handed and honestly I didn't want a slide stop/release on the right side of the gun. I've been using the slingshot method for years so that was one feature I could do without. I've only put 35 rounds through mine so far, but I hope that will change this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what it sounds like to me too. The VP9 is the first new handgun that I've gotten really excited about in a long time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Just took a California ccw class a few weeks backs and a vp9 was one of the guns I qualified with. I put 750 rounds through the gun in 2 days with out a single hiccup at all, no slide lock problems, no ftf or fte. I wasn't sure as to the size if it would make a good ccw carry gun or not and had previously bought an 9mm shield, while the shield is a nice gun I have large hands and wasn't nearly as fast or accurate with it as the vp9. I am very happy with this purchase and gun, so much so I went and got another for my wife.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#18]
So when is HK chambering this in the People's Most Glorious Cartridge of Perfection, the .40 S&W?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So when is HK chambering this in the People's Most Glorious Cartridge of Perfection, the .40 S&W?
View Quote

You will most likely see one in 40 next year.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That happens to me occasionally too. I just have to adjust my grip a little bit. If you are dedicating time to the pistol, it shouldn't be hard to become consistent.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That happens to me occasionally too. I just have to adjust my grip a little bit. If you are dedicating time to the pistol, it shouldn't be hard to become consistent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dedicated 5k rounds to it. 2 pistol classes, 2 carbine/ pistol classes, and quite a few range trips. I tried 3 different grips and none worked perfectly. The one that worked the best for me was recommended by Travis Haley since he had a similar issue.

As a side note, he's not a huge fan and he's sticking with his CZ/ Glock.

ETA: not hating on the weapon one bit. I absolutely love the thing, just doesn't work for me...

ETA2: I'm sure I've posted it in this thread but just in case... here's one of my VP9s:

Trijicon HDs w/ Osprey 45

One of the more recent pictures

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I might take issue with the "best stock trigger on a production gun" line, but it's pretty high up there, and probably one of the top 3 for a polymer pistol, and certainly in the top 2 for a striker.  

The other stuff is true

Fo, Fo like you mean it!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fo or no?
Yes. It's that good.

You cannot go wrong.

The other stuff is true

Fo, Fo like you mean it!  

I'm pretty sure I'm picking one up but...I'd like to find a LE model.  I'm guessing the only difference is 3 mags versus 2.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure I'm picking one up but...I'd like to find a LE model.  I'm guessing the only difference is 3 mags versus 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fo or no?
Yes. It's that good.

You cannot go wrong.

The other stuff is true

Fo, Fo like you mean it!  

...and the night sights.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good, I love my GLOCKs and my HK USP. Maybe a VP40 is in the works for my future.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

...and the night sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The other stuff is true

Fo, Fo like you mean it!  

...and the night sights.
This.

Night sights and a third mag.  It's a no brainer, if you can afford to wait.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good, I love my GLOCKs and my HK USP. Maybe a VP40 is in the works for my future.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My plan right now is to do that too. I'm very heavily considering just going to 9mm for duty and not just competition though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
My plan right now is to do that too. I'm very heavily considering just going to 9mm for duty and not just competition though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My agency is switching me out to a Glock Gen4 17... against my will mind you. I have no issue with 9mm but I sure as hell will still carry .40 S&W off duty.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My agency is switching me out to a Glock Gen4 17... against my will mind you. I have no issue with 9mm but I sure as hell will still carry .40 S&W off duty.  
View Quote

I'm more logisticly driven these days, I guess..
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I do have to ask, why is the VP9 so easy to take out of battery? The first quarter inch of slide movement has no resistance at all.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I do have to ask, why is the VP9 so easy to take out of battery? The first quarter inch of slide movement has no resistance at all.
View Quote

It's not any different than any other pistol I own.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:04:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that's part of the tweaks to the operating cycle to alter the shooting feel to try to mitigate the high bore axis.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:15:39 AM EDT
[#32]
It is just as easy to get other pistols out of battery too.

The derp here is laughable right now, literally grasping at straws to find any reason to hate on a brand. I can find jus as many flaws on "precious" too.

No one is making you by it, but please stop being blatantly dishonest. I mean holy geez, I let some member's son try mine and his first words were "Wow, so much hate for a gun and it performs better than theses internet haters care to even admit."

You're not stopping them from buying the VP9 so you might as well stop as it's a useless crusade at this point.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It is just as easy to get other pistols out of battery too.

The derp here is laughable right now, literally grasping at straws to find any reason to hate on a brand. I can find jus as many flaws on "precious" too.

No one is making you by it, but please stop being blatantly dishonest. I mean holy geez, I let some member's son try mine and his first words were "Wow, so much hate for a gun and it performs better than theses internet haters care to even admit."

You're not stopping them from buying the VP9 so you might as well stop as it's a useless crusade at this point.
View Quote

Is that comment directed at me? If so, you're so far off base it's not even funny. I've already bought a VP9 and shot it, so there's no hate coming from me. Even though I put less than fifty rounds through it I was very impressed, and I'm looking forward to this weekend to put many more rounds through it. No one made me buy it, and if asking one fucking question makes it "derp" then so be it. It's not "blatantly dishonest" to ask about the slide movement, I had compared it side by side with my 228 and I was just wondering. I wasn't trying to stop anyone from buying the gun.

It appears the drama associated with the VP9 has landed on this forum too. Geez.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#34]
I have no love or hate for HK, maybe little hate. VP9 rocks plain and simple. Cost wise it's a little more than a Glock and about the same as a M&P all Apex out.  Granted mag prices are

If I had to pick a poly striker gun it would be VP9 or all apex'd M&P. Since I had a M&P before I thought I try the H&K. Might revisit the PPQ with normal mag release.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I ran 300 rounds through my VP9…200 of it Winchester 124 grain NATO Ball and the other 115 grain White box.

The more I shoot the VP9 the more I learn the trigger and the more astounded I am at how well this pistol stays on target.

I don't have a stopwatch to time me, but I would bet dollars to donuts I'm significantly faster to draw and put rounds on target than I am with my G23.

I can't wait to get a decent holster and start carrying this thing.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I ran 300 rounds through my VP9…200 of it Winchester 124 grain NATO Ball and the other 115 grain White box.

The more I shoot the VP9 the more I learn the trigger and the more astounded I am at how well this pistol stays on target.

I don't have a stopwatch to time me, but I would bet dollars to donuts I'm significantly faster to draw and put rounds on target than I am with my G23.

I can't wait to get a decent holster and start carrying this thing.

View Quote
To be fair do it with the G19 when you compare to make it fair in regards to the caliber...Unless you're already using a G19 barrel for it already.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:03:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I bought a VP9 this week. I ran 100 rounds of freedom munitions, 50 rounds of Winchester SXZ, 50 round of blazer brass and 50 rounds of PPU through it tonight. Ran everything fine. I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#38]
So far I've put 215 rounds through my VP9. Fifty rounds of Tula, 150 rounds of Federal aluminum cased ammo, and 15 rounds of Speer 147 grain Gold Dot. No malfunctions of any kind, and it has even functioned properly when I loaded an empty case in the mag on three different occasions. Accuracy is excellent also. Couldn't ask for anything more. Well, I need a holster for it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a member of The People's Party of .40 (G23, G23, and G35), I have to tell you, the VP9 is a much improved platform.

I would heartily recommend it, especially as a 'glock' guy, the VP9 is what a Glock SHOULD be.

That being said, I do not know if a VP40 will be out, but I am fairly confident a VP45 will be in the lineup next year.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Any source for threaded barrels other then HKParts?  They're out of stock at the moment.  Looking for 1/2x28 threads.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Regarding VP9's being easy to take out of battery.......

Striker fired guns have generally 15-20 lbs recoil springs and 4-6 lbs striker springs that are fighting each other when the guns are in battery.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got my VP9 last week, so far I am very impressed with it. Shot 25 rounds at 8 yards with grouping of 2 inches right out of the box. After that, I went home and  did some modification on my VP9 including stippling and undercut the trigger guard. very successful and now it feels even better than when it was stock. I must say, it shot better than my PPQ. Very nicely done.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Did you undercut under the mag release or just in the middle of the trigger guard?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Did you undercut under the mag release or just in the middle of the trigger guard?
View Quote

Just the middle of the trigger guard for the vp9. There is not much room to undercut under the mag relaese. however, i did stippled my mag release
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
As a member of The People's Party of .40 (G23, G23, and G35), I have to tell you, the VP9 is a much improved platform.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By

I would heartily recommend it, especially as a 'glock' guy, the VP9 is what a Glock SHOULD be.

That being said, I do not know if a VP40 will be out, but I am fairly confident a VP45 will be in the lineup next year.

Well, I hope they do a .40 S&W version. I've handled the VP9 and it does feel good. But 9mm does nothing for me. I have my 9mm pistols but the thought of another one does nothing.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well, I hope they do a .40 S&W version. I've handled the VP9 and it does feel good. But 9mm does nothing for me. I have my 9mm pistols but the thought of another one does nothing.      
View Quote

Good word I got was that the .40 is slated to be released in 2015.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any other good words in regards to the VP series?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have no love or hate for HK, maybe little hate. VP9 rocks plain and simple. Cost wise it's a little more than a Glock and about the same as a M&P all Apex out.  Granted mag prices are

If I had to pick a poly striker gun it would be VP9 or all apex'd M&P. Since I had a M&P before I thought I try the H&K. Might revisit the PPQ with normal mag release.
View Quote

Quite honestly, I vastly prefer the VP9 to the PPQ however even if I thought they were even, I would go HK simply for it being HK vs. Walther. Not as a matter of fanboyism, but of logistics. You probably won't see a PPQ Compact before the HK, and you definitely won't see an .45 PPQ
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#49]
What's a good price to pay for one?

I saw one at a gun show over the weekend for under $600 and I'm starting to regret not buying it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What's a good price to pay for one?

I saw one at a gun show over the weekend for under $600 and I'm starting to regret not buying it.
View Quote

I saw one for Black Friday for $ 545 but they can be found for $549 if they are in stock.
Page / 14
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top