User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2014 4:25:37 AM EDT
http://www.bilderhoster.net/safeforbilder/p86kcm4w.jpg
http://www.bilderhoster.net/safeforbilder/wb5lsd1p.jpg
http://www.bilderhoster.net/safeforbilder/dnggl12t.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwQsEN12mAY

A few weeks ago after introduction of the Walther CCP and the confirmed rumors about a striker fire P30 at IWA/Germany, I decided - that's not what I would want!
Is/was there any other design in the product line of HK that could be turned into an elegant striker fire system?
At least two - P9 and P7.
With the P7 beeing the more elegant with a widely accepted exterior design it was chosen for further investigation.
Task:
Get rid of that silly squeeze cocker system, making it less complex and turn it into safe action.
Drop that blow-back gas buffered system in favor of a classic browning lock.
Use cheaper hi cap mags and keeping the grip as slim as possible.
Width Across Grips
P7M8     1.14"/28.96mm
P7 HCA  1.1476"/29.15mm
P7M13   1.30"/33.02mm
So using the stuff at hand I mated an Umarex SP9 blank gun with a Browning HP mag well and barrel.
Don't be finicky about some details like mag release design/location etc., done on the quick in my spare time, just as an impulse ...

Oh and that fumbling with substitutes - in most places of the western world there isn't that much freedom regarding guns and working on them like in the U.S.
Wouldn't take that Albania too seriously

BTW - first wanted to register at HKPRO but apparently I'm not qualified. Obviously can't spell and thus not passing their registration: the fourth letter in the second word of the term "personal defense weapon" to me is an "e" but that was wrong in their book...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome.  I love the P7 style, except the squeez cokcer (deliverate spelling mistake ) part!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched the youtube video.

HK doesn't hate you, you hate HK.

The P7 is an elegant design.

Does your Frankenstein version even work?

Welcome to the board and all that, but

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
You said "confirmed rumor of a HK p30 striker fire". Where from HK is this rumor confirmed. I can't find it anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:02:34 AM EDT
[#4]
No reason to change the gas-delayed operating system to change the trigger mechanism.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:35:16 AM EDT
[#5]

That's a sad waste of a P7...

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 3:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a sad waste of a P7...
View Quote

One less BB gun in the world.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You said "confirmed rumor of a HK p30 striker fire". Where from HK is this rumor confirmed. I can't find it anywhere.
View Quote

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/196109-p30-striker-sfp-26.html
Montrala
"Looks like SFP9 will get delayed more. HK hoped to show it on EnforceTac / IWA 2014, but they still want to redesign and refine something. They have prototype here, but do not want to show it, I just got few glimpses over shoulder of some important mil customers. I also get some interesting info on it, that can be very positive things for this gun and HK pistols on civilian market. And no, it is not about price. ;) "

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/196109-p30-striker-sfp-28.html
Montrala
"Getting back to SFP9. I saw it and it looks like one in photo from OP. However this is not exactly how it will look. There will be actually 2 pistols. One made up to official German Police requirements for 9mm pistol (one on pictures) and one for general/civilian market. Difference will be mainly in 2 areas. Civilian version will have slim line slide and second it will have trigger with reduced travel and reset. I do not know exact figures, but I hope they will get it right."

And "the one in photo" was at first page there:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/196109-p30-striker-sfp.html
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you know for sure that HK hates me? Why? Teutonic deadly serious?
And who said I would hate HK?!
If so I wouldn't have bothered to work on one of their designs. And P7 is indeed elegant - see my first post...

They have great guns but a P30 converted to a striker fire system surely wouldn't be it.
SIG Sauer did it with their 320 which just a striker fire P250.
It's a cheap way to offer a striker fire system but what for? Just to say: We too?
That way you just combine the disadvantage of the hammer design and of the striker fire system
Hammer: high bore axis, more trigger parts (you usually won't get as few internal parts when converting compared to a striker fire design right from the start)
Striker fire: less punch than hammer design

And when I first saw the Walther CCP - that was just the opposite of what I had in mind.

And with the P7 disassembly method there is no need for decocking the gun before taking it apart.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If so I wouldn't have bothered to work on one of their designs. And P7 is indeed elegant - see my first post..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If so I wouldn't have bothered to work on one of their designs. And P7 is indeed elegant - see my first post..

It's humor, don't take it seriously.  HK used to be very difficult to deal with for customer service. They would look at a problem, then tell you you aren't well trained enough because well trained 'operators' have no issues when operating HK products. The problem must be you, because their product is perfect.

Then they paid for a full page add in numerous US gun magazines. They bullets in the spare magazine were in backwards,  bullets first. From all this developed the phrase 'you suck, and HK hates you'. It's a joke on how seriously they used to take themselves.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Neat

Can you make a 1911 work like a P7?
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's humor, don't take it seriously.  HK used to be very difficult to deal with for customer service. They would look at a problem, then tell you you aren't well trained enough because well trained 'operators' have no issues when operating HK products. The problem must be you, because their product is perfect.

Then they paid for a full page add in numerous US gun magazines. They bullets in the spare magazine were in backwards,  bullets first. From all this developed the phrase 'you suck, and HK hates you'. It's a joke on how seriously they used to take themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was humor that apparently did not translate well.
Thanks for the assist and the splanation Sgt!
(No offense intended, interesting project)
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations...you ruined a perfectly good P7.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 3:59:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! That takes a load of my mind
Fanboys sometimes can be pretty touchy if it comes to their beloved - no matter if H&K, Harley, Justin Bieber ...

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:07:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Neat

Can you make a 1911 work like a P7?
View Quote

Sure, barrel fixed to the frame, space for action spring around the barrel when eliminating/modifying the barrel bushing, piston below the barrel and mods to the slide/frame guide rails ...
But what for?! Do like the M1911 the way it is (minus grip safety).
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I want to take the Albania seriously.  I really do

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#16]
That's awesome.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top