Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2014 4:03:14 AM EDT
I'm just relaying what's over on HKPro where a debate is going on over if they are 'shopped and are being defended by the original poster.

I'm not claiming they're genuine, but to me they look pretty legit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 4:37:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a photo expert but if those are shopped pictures they are very good. Looks interesting if real
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it's real for a few reasons:

The back strap angle doesn't make sense
The trigger channel recess inside the trigger guard doesn't work with that trigger.
The font for SFP9 isn't a typical HK style font
Really poor finishing/quality on frame near beaver tail

If anything it's a photoshop or an air soft gun that was modded to mess with people
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The back strap angle doesn't make sense   Cup your hand and notice the center of the palm of your hand... ergonomics
The trigger channel recess inside the trigger guard doesn't work with that trigger. Notice the interior of the bottom of the trigger guard... it is recessed for trigger travel rearward.
The font for SFP9 isn't a typical HK style font   OK... slide marking often change as time passes.
Really poor finishing/quality on frame near beaver tail   You eyes must be better than mine!

If anything it's a photoshop or an air soft gun that was modded to mess with people  or not!
View Quote

but what do I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Want.

Looks like it's a little bigger than an M&P though. If so, that won't sway me from the PPQ, or many G19 owners.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been holding off getting a PPQ Navy to add to my M2. Walther has helped by not shipping any. I hope the striker P30 or whatever it's going to be called looks like this pic. Possibly better ergos than the PPQ with changeable side and backs traps. If they duplicate the PPQ trigger I'm all over this gun. The aftermarket support will be much stronger than the PPQ and threaded bbls should be available pretty quick.

I would have got a P30 but not a fan of the LEM, even the light LEM. Did I mention I'm really excited about the striker P30?

If they get this gun for a retail price around $600, get the trigger right this gun could make huge waves.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
GD will debunk it.  Does look photoshopped.

NICE SAFE ACTION TRIGGER!
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The back strap angle doesn't make sense   Cup your hand and notice the center of the palm of your hand... ergonomics
The trigger channel recess inside the trigger guard doesn't work with that trigger. Notice the interior of the bottom of the trigger guard... it is recessed for trigger travel rearward.
The font for SFP9 isn't a typical HK style font   OK... slide marking often change as time passes.
Really poor finishing/quality on frame near beaver tail   You eyes must be better than mine!

If anything it's a photoshop or an air soft gun that was modded to mess with people  or not!

Your opinions in red make me wonder if you have a p30. The one in my hand right now has back straps that are ergonomic and don't look anything like the one in the pictures, and the trigger recess channel on it is there because the trigger passes directly through it. That picture shows a slender round channel but the trigger is wide and square. Do you remember the little shaped block set you had as a kid? Square and circle don't go together.

Now smile and put the condescension back in your pocket.

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Was hoping they go with a lower bore axis instead of just regurgitate their existing design.  The tang on the (hammer) P30 is higher and smoother, WTF?

Design has no lineage from the P9, so weird that they named it SFP9, some marketing type I'm sure.

The backstrap appears to be the same as the larger one for the P30.  I'm not seeing anything "wrong" with the trigger channel in the trigger guard that someone else mentioned.  The curve is just the round cutout for the magazine release at the back.

I don't like that big clunky takedown lever right where your forward thumb would go.  Or for that matter the clunky slide stop where it is either.  The frame looks thicker, like they're hiding parts of those levers.

The extra bulges at the back of the slide seem like some German engineer's idea of how a firearm should be manipulated rather than an actual knowledgeable shooter.  Then again that's how most firearms are designed (Remington R51 slide serrations for example).  

Also noticing how far forward the trigger seems to be, either it has an exceptionally long takeup or they've done something crazy like "second strike" capability that, again, is a bragable feature that unknowledgeable people just love.  HK should be smarter than that.

Most of what I see there screams euro-spec police service pistol instead of something that's intended for the US LE and consumer markets.  Too many features that are contrary to smooth operation by a knowledgeable shooter and contrary to good concealability (and yes, lots of LE folks as well as private citizens carry midsize "duty" pistols off duty/concealed carry as well).

Overall it reminds me of the Walther PPX which is not the design direction that I was expecting or hoping for.

Someone spent some time working on that if it's a fake.  It's beyond photoshop into a full computer 3d graphics animation part.  The depth of field lens effect is very well done if it's fake.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
If its a prototype, I wouldn't pay much attention to the finish quality or stamping fonts.  They may have pulled a P30 slide forging off the line to modify, hence the differences.  

SFP9 = Striker Fired Pilstol, 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've been holding off getting a PPQ Navy to add to my M2. Walther has helped by not shipping any. I hope the striker P30 or whatever it's going to be called looks like this pic. Possibly better ergos than the PPQ with changeable side and backs traps. If they duplicate the PPQ trigger I'm all over this gun. The aftermarket support will be much stronger than the PPQ and threaded bbls should be available pretty quick.

I would have got a P30 but not a fan of the LEM, even the light LEM. Did I mention I'm really excited about the striker P30?

If they get this gun for a retail price around $600, get the trigger right this gun could make huge waves.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]
All I need to see is the HK letters on the side to know, without a doubt, it is the finest striker fired pistol ever produced....

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All I need to see is the HK letters on the side to know, without a doubt, it is the finest striker fired pistol ever produced....

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#13]
By eliminated the hammer and all the extra parts to make it work the cost of production would go down dramatically. I do think the gun will come out a couple hundred under the P30.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll take 3 please....and thank you.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Will not take that over my P30. For striker fire, I'll stick with Glocks (BTW, I have 8 HKs and 2 Glocks).

Yg
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#16]
If HK could  keep the price the same as a Glock  ?  They should go for it.

Now I wont be buying one  but that's because I like high bore axis TDA Pistols!
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 5:05:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Won't you feel like a dick when it hits shelves...
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel like a dick every day

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Woah there, cowboy, go back to your closet...
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#20]
If that is what HK has planned for their striker fired pistol, then they can count me out. It looks like a cross between a PPQ and a M&P.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aww
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll say it like I said it over at HK Pro.

I don't think this is the Production gun, more like a test article that pictures were taken for Corporate and got out somehow.  

Look for Pictures of the P3000 test gun and compare them to the P30 production guns. Slight differences.

BUT well see.

When I hold one and it gives me that warm fuzzy I may buy one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'll say it like I said it over at HK Pro.

I don't think this is the Production gun, more like a test article that pictures were taken for Corporate and got out somehow.  

Look for Pictures of the P3000 test gun and compare them to the P30 production guns. Slight differences.

BUT well see.

When I hold one and it gives me that warm fuzzy I may buy one.
View Quote

Some sort of engineering test mule is one thing, but I don't think they'd be shooting editorial report photos of one of those.

My issue is that I want to see more than "slight differences" between the photo and a production gun.  I found photos of the P3000 and didn't notice anything of significance that changed to the production P30s.

I think the possibility is about 0.00001% that we'll see a lower bore axis or revised grip geometry, or revised rear slide size and profile in a production gun versus a development prototype.

I'm not saying it's completely worthless, but at first glance it's not what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
but at first glance it's not what I was looking for.
View Quote

That's ok, because you suck, and HK hates you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I know
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#27]
looks kinda like the airsoft kwa atp
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Still no news on this gun? I'd love to give HK my money, but apparently they'd rather I give it to Walther.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#29]
There's a guy in hkpro saying he shot it. There are two versions but it essentially looks like the gun pictured on the net, minus some changes.
More info due at NRA show
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

There's a guy in hkpro saying he shot it.
There are two versions but it essentially looks like the gun pictured on the net, minus some changes.

View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's a guy in hkpro saying he shot it. There are two versions but it essentially looks like the gun pictured on the net, minus some changes.

Link?

I fail at reading.. He was talking about shooting ppq prototypes. He does mention the two different versions of the SFP, which is interesting.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/196109-p30-striker-sfp-38.html
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#32]
They say over there it's not going to be released at the NRA show, they are still in the  developement phase not ready for release yet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They say over there it's not going to be released at the NRA show, they are still in the  developement phase not ready for release yet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

I want them to release the P30sk yesterday!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Neither one at the NRA show.  Denials of anything new.  Very disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

HK Rep explained that they were not done with testing and a production model but are aiming for release by end of summer.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top