Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 11:56:37 PM EDT
I was just comparing my Combat Elite and M45A1 barrel to my early 80's Combat Government.  The M45A1 and Combat Elite chamber looks much tighter, with almost compete support.  Was this a recent change?

My new Delta Elite has very little support, just like the older Deltas.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Common guys, someone has to have checked new vs old!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Considering it does not make one iota of difference in how the gun performs ( if it is indeed different) I have not even noticed ( have owned and handles dozens of older 1911's and currently have an m45a1.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Considering it does not make one iota of difference in how the gun performs ( if it is indeed different) I have not even noticed ( have owned and handles dozens of older 1911's and currently have an m45a1.
View Quote

Understood, not a difference for .45.  Was just curious to know if anyone else saw this and found it interesting.  Not a bad thing, right?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The newer Colts from the past decade have very good chamber support in .45 Auto....I wish I could say the same with the 10mm. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]
They started doing this in the '90's.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#6]
There is always a trade off the greater the chamber support there is more potential for feeding problems. I have seen this in glocks. Where people whine about chamber support but then get an after market barrel for better suppport ( which they really did not need to begin with) then Whine about reliability issues.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
They changed this in the early 2000's, after the switch from XS to XSE. They are more supported, but they also have the ramp cut so it feeds more from the outer profile of the round, rather than the face. This was done to work with a wider range of hollow points.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top