Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2016 9:37:40 PM EDT
So I want the new CCU, it has all the bells and whistles and I'm nostalgic for colts since mt dad worked for them. I currently have an XSE that I've had for over a decade and I like  it a lot but I want a 1911 that has a rail. I have yet to shoot a colt with the new dual recoil spring and my XSE is an old one with dove tail sights instead of Novak. As far as uses for the CCU it would be a for fun gun and I might run the occasional heavy division in 3 gun to spice things up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I am running an m45a1 with the dual spring set up. I really don't feel any recoil difference for me. Monotonous reliability and accuracy. The series 80 trigger is just fine too. Only thing I would change ( it was shown in pics of early prototypes but then changed in production) was a short trigger
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine, I honestly don't notice much of a difference with the recoil spring setup though.

The little differences in the CCU are the dual recoil spring (of course), the rail (of course), it comes with a more or less hand fitted NM barrel, and mine has a slightly extended ejector (I'm assuming they all come like that). And of course the checkered front strap and mainspring housing.

The beavertail on the CUU could stand some blending to be honest but it's not bad. I got mine because I don't have a 1911 with a light, and that's just the ticket.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top