Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 9:13:10 AM EDT
OK s I go to this old fellas house to look at some guns he is selling.

First up he shows me a Colt 1900 sportsman, unfortunately it was refurbed with a mix of parts and nickel plated. these from what I can find in Blue book were all blue, no nickel. It was a cool gun had nice grips and was .38rimless .

Second up he shows me some Spanish revolver, real nice condition looked like a S&W clone in .32 Winchester center fire.  Had "OMEGA" stamped below the cylinder release button.

Then he shows me this Colt Woodsman Match target .22.  Some bluing was worn along the edges of the muzzle, typical holster wear from use and age. It had the original 3 line mag, I am no professional gun condition grade person but feel by looking through the Blue book would say it is about 45%. this is using the color photos at the front of the book , and using a 1911 as reference.
Serial number stamped by mag well, and only place I can find it was MT110XX from what I can find puts this as..

"1941 Colt woodsman Match Target"  and Blue Book says "1st Series"

this is gun only, no box or papers... It does NOT have the original grips, but does have a nice set of elephant ear wood grips with USMA stamped in them. I believe these to be repo as they are in very good condition, but very nice looking either way.

If anyone has a few pics they can post of theirs to judge condition I would greatly appreciate it.

He also then brings out a Enfield cap and ball rifle. wood somewhat beat up. Story is his neighbor= gave it to him to sell. SHE is widowed, her husband was killed in motorcycle accident. He originally acquired the gun while stationed in Afghanistan and comes with a form of approval from the US military  "Bagram airfield , Afghanistan" and is also antique weapon customs clearance as well. so in general a "Bring back" it also had a bayonet with scabbard.

OK back on topic, the "Woodsman" any info and pics would be greatly appreciated so I have some sort of way to figure a price to offer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Mines in excellent shape, and its a hell of a shooter
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Well for a update , seems the guy has disappeared into the sunset. I made him a fair offer of $500 and would cover transfer fees as well as give him a ride to and from the ffl..Starting to think the transfer which is required in PA might be his issue. So low and behold I'm not sticking my neck out there breaking the law on this, way too much to lose on my end.

Freakinout---NICE woodsman, and thank you for the pics. This one was no where near as nice as yours, It was a shooter grade not collector.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well for a update , seems the guy has disappeared into the sunset. I made him a fair offer of $500 and would cover transfer fees as well as give him a ride to and from the ffl..Starting to think the transfer which is required in PA might be his issue. So low and behold I'm not sticking my neck out there breaking the law on this, way too much to lose on my end.

Freakinout---NICE woodsman, and thank you for the pics. This one was no where near as nice as yours, It was a shooter grade not collector.
View Quote

It belonged to my grandfather, who took excellent care of it, and I'm just doing my best to do the same.  I also shoot it on occasion, and would like to pickup a shooter grade one myself so that I can keep mine pristine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I was taking pictures this evening thought I'd motive the woodsman fans

Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Man, I would KILL for such a nice Pony and title strike on my Hunstmans.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top