Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2016 9:22:25 PM EDT
For you Colt Experts, my wife has a little colt .380 that she acquired back in the 80's, the slide is a bit stiff to work and I would like to do some improvements to the gun as a whole, any recommendations ?
I did the improvements on my Beretta 92, changed the trigger, the hammer spring, the trigger spring and the slide spring and put better sights on it and it flies nicely, just wondering if there are similar improvements to the little colt.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Which model? Govt .380? Mustang?

I have seen some upgraded sights for the Mustang but apparently you have to be careful cutting the dovetail as there isn't much meat to the slide. I've seen a different guide rod setup with a single spring as well. I don't remember what sort of trigger upgrades might be out there other than a metal trigger to replace the factory plastic one. I have a beater Mustang I was thinking of upgrading several years ago but never did.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]

If the pistol is from 80s there is likely a recall on it which Colt will sent you a part that get added under the grip.

you should check that with Colt.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top