Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2016 2:02:14 PM EDT
I just got this Colt USMC. It's been in a safe all its life, but I intend to shoot it. The Cerakote is chipping off the VP stamp, maker's stamp, and the CCS stamp; I don't mind though, I think it adds character.
Thanks for looking!

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Mine is the ion bond version and it doesn't say USMC or have the pelican case. So far mine shoots as well as my SA TRP.

Pic

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
They are sure ugly.

Buuuuut it's a 1911, so: 10/10 would shoot with.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the Ion bond...
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I got mine back at Christmas.
Just pick up off Fleabay a Safariland 6280-56 duty holster for unbelievably cheap.

It's VERY tight at first but after some work it breaks in nicely.

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
That Ion Bond would bad-ass with a black slide.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
OP - In new condition the USMC guns are selling for $4500+.  I wouldn't shoot that one. You could sell & buy 2 of the new M45 roll-marked models.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP - In new condition the USMC guns are selling for $4500+.  I wouldn't shoot that one. You could sell & buy 2 of the new M45 roll-marked models.
View Quote

What kaneman says.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Where did you run across a USMC roll marked gun?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got an all black model coming my way. I may have to add a tan one to the collection. I know the ionbond is better, but I love the look of the cerakote version when it's well worn.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where did you run across a USMC roll marked gun?
View Quote

I saw it on Armslist. The fella bought it some years ago, and he didn't care what it was "worth", he just wanted to get his money back. I told him to sell it on GB, but he just wanted it out of his safe.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What kaneman says.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kaneman says.

Thanks for the consideration...
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That Ion Bond would bad-ass with a black slide.
View Quote

I agree

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:19:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Do you have a light mounted? I got a killer deal on an X300U but it doesn't seem to fit my safariland...the light goes in fine, but once mounted to the pistol I'd have to stand on it to get it into the holster much less out...is the 300U that much of a difference in dimensions?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do you have a light mounted? I got a killer deal on an X300U but it doesn't seem to fit my safariland...the light goes in fine, but once mounted to the pistol I'd have to stand on it to get it into the holster much less out...is the 300U that much of a difference in dimensions?
View Quote

The Colt rail is deeper (taller?) than other railed 1911s. There are specific holsters for this model, I'm sorry I don't have them handy but should be revealed with a quick google search
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top