Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2015 9:18:05 PM EDT
Why did Colt discontinue the all stainless 45 XSE?  This was the 01070XSE model.  Was it too similar to other brands' models?
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one two weeks ago. I talked with a Colt tech last week about a 1911 GM in Hard Chrome. He said it was due to low sales of the XSE models. They are priced hundreds above the full size and commanders that people just did not buy them. I love mine and it is a commander xse in 45. at 27oz it is my full time CCW.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]
They didn't sell well at all.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
LAV say's 9mm is better
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
They have been discontinued but there are plenty in the pipeline.  I bought one new last week.  The problem is that you are not searching for the correct part number.

The correct part number is O1070XSE.  Note the leading "O" not "0".  This brings up the following list on gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=O1070XSE
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a SS and a blued XSE when I heard they were being discontinued.  Couldn't decide which I wanted so ended up with both.  Will probably keep the SS and sell/trade the blued one at some point.

I've just recently gotten around to shooting the S.S.  I like it a lot, more so than the SA S.S. loaded I sold to help fund it.

15 yard target with 200 gr target HPs from Berrys..sadly the 25  yard target looked more like a shotgun pattern.

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought one of these used. MD has a 7 day wait, so I pick it up on Saturday.

Whats a good deal on these used in excellent condition?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:20:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought one of these used. MD has a 7 day wait, so I pick it up on Saturday.

View Quote

considering that they are probably still available on Buds for roughly $900.00, I don't think I'd pay more $600 to $700 for a used one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

considering that they are probably still available on Buds for roughly $900.00, I don't think I'd pay more $600 to $700 for a used one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad information is just bad.
Bud's hasn't seen the O1070XSE in-stock in months.  Online pricing is closer to $1,100, with very limited vendors.
Finding one at your local shop could be a better deal.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top