Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2015 9:26:22 PM EDT
Is it me or is the arched mainspring housing with the short trigger so damn comfortable.  I prefer it over a beavertail, long trigger and flat main spring housing, or any combo previously stated.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny you say that but i was just thinking that today. I have a short triger with arched msh and its perfect for my hand.

V
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer a long trigger and a flat mainspring housing.  But I certainly don't mind arched and short.

What I don't like is flat MSH and short trigger.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't care for the short trigger, all my carry or range 1911's have videcki triggers and flat mainspring housings.

My only 1911's with arched mainsprings and short triggers are a couple which are bone stock.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I have always felt the short trigger was the way to go. If you are holding and shooting a 1911 ( or any pistol really) the only contact the trigger finger should have on the pistol is on the trigger not rubbing on the side of the frame and I see many people with short fingers ( like me) running a long trigger and the finger pushing on the side of the frame which will cause shots to push left.
A long fingered person can still run a short trigger but the opposite is not true
The arched housing was specifically designed to reduce the tendency to shoot low with quick shooting.
Another plus for the short trigger is shooting with gloves on gives much more space in the guard to work with. While it may be August I know 6-8 moths of long winter is right around the corner
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I like whatever I get my hands on.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have always felt the short trigger was the way to go. If you are holding and shooting a 1911 ( or any pistol really) the only contact the trigger finger should have on the pistol is on the trigger not rubbing on the side of the frame and I see many people with short fingers ( like me) running a long trigger and the finger pushing on the side of the frame which will cause shots to push left.
A long fingered person can still run a short trigger but the opposite is not true
The arched housing was specifically designed to reduce the tendency to shoot low with quick shooting.
Another plus for the short trigger is shooting with gloves on gives much more space in the guard to work with. While it may be August I know 6-8 moths of long winter is right around the corner
View Quote

I can even deal with the flat msh and short trigger, your right the long trigger does exhibit wear for me even though I use the pad of my finger.

The arched msh just feels like it fills my hand up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it me or is the arched mainspring housing with the short trigger so damn comfortable.  I prefer it over a beavertail, long trigger and flat main spring housing, or any combo previously stated.
View Quote

I've swapped out the MSH on every 1911 I own because COMFY! Plus, the arched housing gives the pistol that classic 1911A1 look that I like.

I have long triggers and arched MSHs on most of my 1911s, and it's a perfect combination for me.

Caspian makes a nice stainless arched MSH, and I got one of them for my stainless Commander, and it is sweet!

I wish Colt would ship one of each of the plastic MSHs with their pistols, so the end user could decide which one he/she likes best. That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer long trigger and arched MS housing. Of course I have catchers mitts for hands so to each his own.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#9]
To each their own. My S70 came with the short trigger and Arched MSH. The first thing I did was replace the MSH with a steel, checked flat MSH and will be replacing the trigger with a medium length (or maybe even long one?) when I send the gun out for some other work. Arched vs flat MSH is purely an individual thing. So is trigger length but at least that one is generally associated with hand size/finger length. I have big hands and find that with the short rigger, I'm almost pushing the trigger in instead of squeezing it.

ETA - One of the thing I really like about the 1911 is that fact that you have those kind of choices. Not true with most other handguns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:25:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I go by this set of rules:

Best looking:  Arched/Short

Best shooting with one hand: Flat/Long

Best shooting two hands: Either/Or
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:26:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be different.  I like arched with a medium trigger.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer long trigger and arched MS housing. Of course I have catchers mitts for hands so to each his own.
View Quote

I also prefer a long trigger and arched mainspring housing. Its just a function of hand size IMO.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#14]
The beauty of the 1911 is that we all get to choose...and have been able to for several decades!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 5:27:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I prefer the short trigger and arched housing enough to swap them out!

As it came.

As it is.  My only regret is I can't find a blued one with a lanyard ring.

I learned on an M1911A1 in the Army and the long/flat feels wrong.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Flat housing and a long trigger for me.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top