Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2015 8:52:38 PM EDT
I just picked up a brand new Lightweight Government Model XSE, and man is this a sweet gun! I purchased it as a new carry gun, and its my second Colt. I'm convinced that they're the only 1911s I want to buy! 200 rounds through her with no issues what so ever. I am planning on replacing the FLGR with a GI one, all Colt parts. I have a question though, I've read somewhere that the sights aren't a true Novak cut, and was wondering if anyone here had any insight on this. I want to replace the sights with the same Novak style ones on my M45CQBP. Thanks for any input! Ill try to get some pictures up soon!
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a colt LW commander, two weeks old.  The rear sight has NOVAK stamped right on it.  As an aside, put 400 rounds through it yeaterday,  love it.  BUT.... the Full length guide rod has to go.  do not like it
There are a lot of great 1911's out there and some are better than COLT some are not as good.  BUT there is something about a COLT.  Kind of like BOSE, ROLEX, BENTLY, CORVETTE.  Just me I guess.
Good luck
tom
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like according to the Colt Website, that they are no longer offering the Lightweight 1911.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like according to the Colt Website, that they are no longer offering the Lightweight 1911.
View Quote

Not sure how accurate Colt's site is right now. It seems like it's going through updates.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
my lightweight commander is 2 years old now.

It runs like a top right now, when I first got it not so much.

It went back to the gunsmith once, along with my bubbasmithing.

Now with 1300+ rounds thru it, it is running like a top as long as I use the mags and ammo it likes.

Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top