Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 8:16:33 PM EDT
I've been looking to buy a Mustang MKIV for my conceal carry during the summer. I just saw a Government Pocketlite .380 online. What's the difference between these two guns? Good or bad.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The Mustang has a shorter barrel and frame than the .380 Government:

The .380 Government also has a bushing like a 1911 whereas the Mustang is bushingless. Just FYI, in this picture the bottom gun is not a regular Mustang but a Mustang Plus II, which is the bigger .380 Gov't frame with the shorter Mustang slide, ala 1911 Commander (full size frame, shorter slide):

ETA: If you want a Mustang, I suggest getting one of the new-production Mustang Pocketlites. The quality is fantastic and they've made some changes to make them better than the 80s-90s-era Mustangs. The triggers are now metal instead of plastic, QC is much more consistent than on older guns, and cast parts are replaced with forged.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a .380 Govt and I am amazed at the accuracy of this little 380.
It's blued and I iwsh it was a stainless model , but I don't think that colt made many stainless govt 380
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Stainless Mustangs are common, but there are very few SS Govt 380s
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Both are gov pocketlite 380s
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top