Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 4:50:17 PM EDT
I have a NRM 5" Colt that I want some basic work done to.  I was entertaining the thought of sending it to Springfield's Custom Shop, as I have heard great things about their work.  Hilton Yam has also give them praise. But, I was wondering how good the Colt Custom shop was, as I was thinking I should probably send the pistol to them.  

Any feedback??
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
They take a loooooooooong time to do work.
I wasn't completely satisfied with the pistol they built me.  Lots of details that I thought I spelled out very clearly were overlooked.
Despite that, The pistol does shoot nice.

I know I always seem to be an outlier though. Usually for the worse

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I know what you mean, as I have that type of luck myself.    I think I may just go with Springfield's Custom Shop.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
They have had my defender for the better part of 2 years and after 5 trips it's still junk
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#4]
No bueno.  Sounds like Springfield is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:25:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't be happier with them.

at least 15K in custom firearms over the years and the manager (brent) has got to be the easiest gun guy I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

I was in the same boat as you a couple years back, It was Colt, Springer or Wilson for me. I talked to people from all 3 places and Decided on Colt. I'm very happy with that decision

If it were me, I'd have colt do a colt and if I had a springfield that needed work that would go to springfield.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I was very happy with the work they did on my Python.  As earlier responder said - they are slow, but IMHO do great work.

I picked up a very well worn one at a local GS - lots of holster wear including some pitting near the name roll.   Sent it to Colt for restoration and refinishing as well as a trigger tune job.   They called me a few weeks later to let me know they couldn't guarantee how the refinishing would come out around the name roll mark as the pitting was pretty severe.   Seven months later I received a handgun that looked brand new - zero evidence of pitting and the name roll was clear and deep.  Amazingly enough they had even improved on the Pythons already great trigger.

Not sure what you are wanting done but for restoration I would highly recommend.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top