Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 6:40:45 AM EDT
I've looked over Galco's website and they only have a few holster's for P99s, and I really don't like the ones they offer.  They have some other awesome holsters (their new SkyOps is awesome), but unfortunately they won't custom make one for a P99.

I've looked at some of the Fist holsters but I don't think they have what I want either.

What do you all use for your P99s?  I have both the P99 in .40S&W and in 9mm.  Both are normal (not the compact models).  Is it possible to have one holster for both guns?  The slides are almost identical, the only difference is the 9mm slide is slightly shaved in the front.

I'm looking for a good IWB holster and I'd appreciate your insight!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
For the 9mm P99, I've got an IWB CompTac www.comp-tac.com/ - Absolutely awesome. Lightweight, excellent retention and very close fitting to the side.  I use the C-TAC with "J" clips

Works extremely well with the Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt. Found here - thewilderness.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/3

Heres some pics;

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a very similar belt, infact, I might even have that belt.  I bought it almost two years ago at a gun store, and I don't remember what brand it was.

Is that holster comfortable?  I was looking for leather maybe, but the CTAC looks like it might work for me.  How would you rate it on a scale of one to ten?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a great holster, did quite a bit of research looking at comparable Kydex models.  It is 100% adjustable by way of the "J" clip attachments.  You can also adjust it for depth within your pants, as well as cant. I don't find it shifts at all while walking/sitting.  Retention of the pistol is at the front of the trigger guard - very secure and the pistol glides in very smoothly, with a nice sounding and reassuring "click".   I've had it since last October, carry daily, and see no harmful wear, just a slight shining on the sides of the front of the trigger guard.

Overall, its extremely comfortable, and normally I carry it at about 4 o'clock which tucks the butt of the pistol very close to the body.  I really like the extended body side "sweat shield " which rides the slide where it contacts your body.

I'd rate her at about a 9 out of 10. The only discomfort I've felt is when bending to the side where the pistol is, but I guess no matter what holster you have, it'll dig in ya' a bit if you bend that way.

Workmanship is top notch, and from what I understand, Comp-Tacs customer services is exceptional if you do ever need them.

So, in a nutshell, I don't think I'll be looking for a "better" holster for the P99 - because for me, this is it.  The fear of having a certain handgun, and a box full of holsters to go with it, wont happen - I think you'd be very pleased.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome, thanks for the info!   You don't work for Com-Tac do ya??    haha jk.

Yeah I saw the little video/gif file on the CTAC and I liked how it was really adjustable.   I think I'll order this one!  Might even get the same for my 1911!  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been using a Bianchi 7L - I prev used a Galco FLETCH for years for Glocks. I wante dto try something different - It is a nice holster - got it at www.midwayusa.com

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its a great holster, did quite a bit of research looking at comparable Kydex models.  It is 100% adjustable by way of the "J" clip attachments.  You can also adjust it for depth within your pants, as well as cant. I don't find it shifts at all while walking/sitting.  Retention of the pistol is at the front of the trigger guard - very secure and the pistol glides in very smoothly, with a nice sounding and reassuring "click".   I've had it since last October, carry daily, and see no harmful wear, just a slight shining on the sides of the front of the trigger guard.

Overall, its extremely comfortable, and normally I carry it at about 4 o'clock which tucks the butt of the pistol very close to the body.  I really like the extended body side "sweat shield " which rides the slide where it contacts your body.

I'd rate her at about a 9 out of 10. The only discomfort I've felt is when bending to the side where the pistol is, but I guess no matter what holster you have, it'll dig in ya' a bit if you bend that way.

Workmanship is top notch, and from what I understand, Comp-Tacs customer services is exceptional if you do ever need them.

So, in a nutshell, I don't think I'll be looking for a "better" holster for the P99 - because for me, this is it.  The fear of having a certain handgun, and a box full of holsters to go with it, wont happen - I think you'd be very pleased.  

+1    got mine about a month and a half ago.  love the holster.  fits the gun like a glove and is not bulky what so ever.   they go together like peanut butter and jelly.  (even though i hate pb&j!)
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Ihave a Galco model # FL 418B

I like and it seems to work well. im also using the fullsize P99.
one thing i dont like is it is outside the wasteband. not too much of an issue since i dont tuck my shirts in and i wear them longish. also winter i have no problems.

one thing i wish i didnt do was get the thick galco belt. it doesnt really fit right and makes it print. even with the butt end of the pistol sticking close to to my sides. it lets it flop a little.

with a different belt it does great. i plan on getting one of those wilderness belts too and a different holster when i get a P99compact.

does anyone else carry a spare magazine?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

does anyone else carry a spare magazine?

Usually, I've just been tossing it in my coat pocket.  However, Wilderness also sells what looks like a pretty decent mag pouch which has the option of vertical or horizontal carry.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#9]
im kind of cheap.
i found that a carry pouch for a gerber gator fits the 40S&W 10rd mag perfect. not very obvious thats its a spare mag either.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
www.blade-tech.com
www.grahamholsters.com
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
For what it's worth I've got the Blade-Tech DOH and UCH for my Walthers - I like them both, the first for competition and the second for carry.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]
bump so it doesn't vanish.

(waiting for my license to come in the mail before I buy the holster)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#13]
License is ready to be picked up from the Sheriff's office, so I just placed my order.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#14]
When you place your order for a holster make sure you mention you got a .40cal
some differe the 9mm and the .40cal due to the slide beeing shafed a lil upfront on the 9mm

www.blade-tech.com/home.php?cat=253 those guys have some good holsters too and make loops or j-hooks bigger than 1.75 inches for guys like me who wear a 2 incher on all my jeans
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I know you said you didn't like FIST but aftter trying out my buddy's FIST holster I went and ordered one right away.  THeir ultra thin kydex holster is GREAT for hot weather concealment (i.e. little or thin clothing).  Perfect for Florida.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I have been using a Don Hume JIT and also have a Fobus paddle for it.
The JIT hides the gun tight to the body, and very high.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#17]
HKgunnr,

My CTAC came in the mail today, and so far first impression is its awesome.  It is very comfortable, and it doesn't seem to print at all!   It holds both the 9mm and the .40 with no problems.  Thanks for your help with this recommendation, looks like its a winner.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Glad I could help Justin,  thought you would be pleased.  

If I didnt already have a Gary Brommeland rig for my 5" Kimber 1911, I would have definitely picked up another C-TAC for that pistol too.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
im kind of cheap.
i found that a carry pouch for a gerber gator fits the 40S&W 10rd mag perfect. not very obvious thats its a spare mag either.

I tried that today, and it works great!  Holds the 9mm mags perfectly as well.

Kudos on an awesome idea.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I use the same rig, just with the standard clips.  100% happy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Well
I am still waiting on my Blade-Tech holster (shirttucker)......
however I did get me a P99c Holster from Earl's for $60.... made by Walther for the P99c
IWB black with silver clip
That guy has holsters for most any Walther in most styles... IWB(clip and loop) shoulder holsters, duty rigs, and older styles with flap...
www.carlwalther.com/holsters.htm

I am happy with it for now till my other one gets here....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top