Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2016 11:55:12 AM EDT
I get a yuge poi shift (several inches at 15 yards) on my p22 with my sparrow installed. I've checked for baffle strikes and haven't found any, and it still shoots groups, just not where I want them. Poi isn't effected on other hosts.

Has anyone else experienced this? The sparrow isn't supposed to have much poi shift.  I think silencerco even had a video I'd a p22/sparrow in a ransom rest to demonstrate this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Field strip the pistol, then drift the pins out of the frame and pull the receiver out..pay attention to the slide catch as it is laying against the receiver and frame with a spring behind it.

Once you have the receiver out look at the right side of the receiver and you should see two phillips head stove bolts, they sandwich the barrel in place.

If the bolts are loose it will allow the barrel to wobble, put some loc-tite on them and retorque them down. This is the usual culprit to accuracy issues with that pistol.

It is possible that the additional weight of the suppressor is causing the barrel to shift when it is installed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Field strip the pistol, then drift the pins out of the frame and pull the receiver out..pay attention to the slide catch as it is laying against the receiver and frame with a spring behind it.

Once you have the receiver out look at the right side of the receiver and you should see two phillips head stove bolts, they sandwich the barrel in place.

If the bolts are loose it will allow the barrel to wobble, put some loc-tite on them and retorque them down. This is the usual culprit to accuracy issues with that pistol.

It is possible that the additional weight of the suppressor is causing the barrel to shift when it is installed.
View Quote
...Taking notes for when I finally get MY P22 suppressed......
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks. I'll check those.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the same issue with my M&P22 Compact. Doesn't happen with other twenty twos and no evidence of baffle strikes. I rarely shoot it without the suppressor so I haven't looked into fixing it as of yet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
 Too good to Archive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top