Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2016 3:43:21 PM EDT
I prefer a fiber optic front sight and a black rear sight as my sights of choice on pretty much all my guns. So far the only companies I've found that do so are Dawson PRecision and 10-8 Performance. I would prefer the 10-8 because they have a U-Notch which is something I find helps me however they are out of stock and no sign of getting them back in anytime soon.

Does anyone else make the sights I seek?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Walther gets no love in the aftermarket dept.

Bout the only other options out there are from Trijicon and the Tru Dot stuff.

I use Trijicon Bright-N-Tough for my PPS sights. I just some paint around the rear tritium to black it out... the Trijicon HD models have the U-notch rear with just tritium inserts

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I prefer a fiber optic front sight and a black rear sight as my sights of choice on pretty much all my guns. So far the only companies I've found that do so are Dawson PRecision and 10-8 Performance. I would prefer the 10-8 because they have a U-Notch which is something I find helps me however they are out of stock and no sign of getting them back in anytime soon.

View Quote

I used to prefer the U notch too, until I dried a full dawson set for the same reason you did....stock issues.

I'll be going to dawsons from here on out.  Tons of size options, and the square notch actually really helps you ensure youre getting the same "light" on each side of the front. Its a very crisp sight picture.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I used to prefer the U notch too, until I dried a full dawson set for the same reason you did....stock issues.

I'll be going to dawsons from here on out.  Tons of size options, and the square notch actually really helps you ensure youre getting the same "light" on each side of the front. Its a very crisp sight picture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's looking like the only option currently or ever for that matter.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will be happy.  I have come to prefer Dawsons rear sights over 10-8's.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THe 10-8s came in stock finally but I googled it to make sure they'd fit and it seems they won't without extensive filing. So now I've convinced myself to just get the Dawsons. I  have them on all my other Walthers and love them. I just kind of wanted something different but if it ain't broke don't fix it applies here so I'll be ordering some with the next pay check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top