Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
do nightsights for the PPS fit this thing?

I ordered one...couldn't pass up that price..

View Quote

I am pretty sure they do According to this thread
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad nobody makes raised sights for the PPS.
Still need to pick mine up from the FFL but have been unable to find elevated sights anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Still need to pick mine up from the FFL but have been unable to find elevated sights anywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the dawson precision sights for the PPQ should fit.  Give them a call and see if they will make you a sight set as tall as you want.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think the dawson precision sights for the PPQ should fit.  Give them a call and see if they will make you a sight set as tall as you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was on Dawson's site, I didn't see any Walther offerings. I'll have to call them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was on Dawson's site, I didn't see any Walther offerings. I'll have to call them.
View Quote

They are under "front sights" and "rear sights", for some reason they are not under "sight sets"

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT:Walther+Front+Sights

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+REAR:Walther+Rear+Sights
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are under "front sights" and "rear sights", for some reason they are not under "sight sets"

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT:Walther+Front+Sights

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+REAR:Walther+Rear+Sights

I'll have to research it, but from what I have seen so far, the PPQ sights are not compatible with the PPX. I'm sure Dawson will know.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll have to research it, but from what I have seen so far, the PPQ sights are not compatible with the PPX. I'm sure Dawson will know.
View Quote

The stock PPQ sight are not compatible with the PPX, that is for sure.  Dawson's PPQ sights do not use the PPQ "plunger/screw" attachment, they are the normal dovetail drift fit.  I think the all the dovetails are the same size on most walther pistols (PPS, PPX, P99, PPQ), but I am not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
They're back! I just ordered one with the threaded barrel... Local shop had some that weathering threaded and about $120 more. Trigger was pretty good, a bit too much take but I understand that's a DAO trait.

Main reason I got it is it's the least expensive threaded barrel 9mm I've found anywhere!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Boot, do you remember what the Meprolight part number was for the set for the PPX?

Personally, I usually prefer Meprolight sights over Trijicon ones anyway, but that's another story...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Forrest:  Well, thanks.  There is plenty of time. Ii won't even have it until next week anyway.  

I did see the Hickok45 video of him shooting the PPX and he said he really liked the trigger on it although he dd call it "ugly."

Eventually somebody on the board will buy one and change out the sights and we'll hear about it.

I put the mepro sights on mine, love em.  I'm usually a trijicon guy, but since they had not yet made any for the PPX or PPS, I put mepros on both.

Boot.

Boot, do you remember what the Meprolight part number was for the set for the PPX?

Personally, I usually prefer Meprolight sights over Trijicon ones anyway, but that's another story...

Forrest

Wow, sorry Forrest, just saw this...guess it's ONLY been 5 months.  

Anyway, I put the 18802 on both the PPX and PPS.  I had a set of the 18801 sitting around, but they wouldn't work with the PPX, so I went with the non-adjustable.

Boot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Anyway, I put the 18802 on both the PPX and PPS.  I had a set of the 18801 sitting around, but they wouldn't work with the PPX, so I went with the non-adjustable.

Boot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Forrest:  Well, thanks.  There is plenty of time. Ii won't even have it until next week anyway.  

I did see the Hickok45 video of him shooting the PPX and he said he really liked the trigger on it although he dd call it "ugly."

Eventually somebody on the board will buy one and change out the sights and we'll hear about it.

I put the mepro sights on mine, love em.  I'm usually a trijicon guy, but since they had not yet made any for the PPX or PPS, I put mepros on both.

Boot.

Forrest

Boot.

Are they any higher than the OEM sights?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had it with Walther products. I had a PPK/S that wouldn't shoot over 3 rounds without jambing up with a bullet looking at the clouds. Sent it back in for service twice. Tried every ammo known to man. Ended up pawning it for $200 less than what I gave for it.

Then I go to my dealer looking at a Springfield XD. Guy tells me he can make me a great deal on a PPX plus I get $100 worth of promo items. He even printed the redemption sheet off for me.

It's now 3 months later. No promo items received. They will not respond to emails and all I get is voice mail at customer service. And they never return calls.

Now I have a gun that looks like a hi point that I probably gave too much for, no promotional items and the worst customer service in the world.

Walther...never again.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've had it with Walther products. I had a PPK/S that wouldn't shoot over 3 rounds without jambing up with a bullet looking at the clouds. Sent it back in for service twice. Tried every ammo known to man. Ended up pawning it for $200 less than what I gave for it.

Then I go to my dealer looking at a Springfield XD. Guy tells me he can make me a great deal on a PPX plus I get $100 worth of promo items. He even printed the redemption sheet off for me.

It's now 3 months later. No promo items received. They will not respond to emails and all I get is voice mail at customer service. And they never return calls.

Now I have a gun that looks like a hi point that I probably gave too much for, no promotional items and the worst customer service in the world.

Walther...never again.
View Quote

Sorry it happened like that for you.

I love mine. Runs great suppressed, too.  And promo items received.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walther...never again.

I missed the promo, but found new Walther factory mags fro $19 ea so no biggie.

64Cyclone, if you didn't like the way the gun looked, why did you buy it?

Under $300 for a quality suppressor host that feels good in the hand?  No brainer.  My only gripe is standard sights on an SD model.

But that will be fixed with time.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Under $300 for a quality suppressor host that feels good in the hand?  No brainer. My only gripe is standard sights on an SD model.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walther...never again.

Under $300 for a quality suppressor host that feels good in the hand?  No brainer. My only gripe is standard sights on an SD model.

No kidding.  It's easy to spend almost that much buying a threaded barrel for some pistols.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not sure if this has been asked but is the threaded barrel 1/2X28?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:49:49 AM EDT
[#16]
According to the interwebs it is... Looks like it on mine but I haven't verified it yet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if this has been asked but is the threaded barrel 1/2X28?
View Quote

That is correct.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Under $300 for a quality suppressor host that feels good in the hand?  No brainer.  My only gripe is standard sights on an SD model.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walther...never again.

I bought it because the weapon has great reviews and I needed it to carry in my vehicle. Price not bad so it isn't the end of the world if it gets stolen. The promo convinced my to purchase. I have still been complaining to them with little to no results. They said they received my form but there was no proof of purchase. I had included the required check for shipping and a copy of the sales receipt. They claim they shreadded my forms. I resubmitted with actual purchase documents from the purchase and send a c/c number for shipping instead of a check. Still nothing and they never respond. Issued a BBB case against them today.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Issued a BBB case against them today.
View Quote

In my experience BBB is next to useless.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Issued a BBB case against them today.

Well today they say they're processing my promo. Imagine that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I got the promo pack. Settled the BBB complaint. The whole deal has sucked but the holster is pretty darn sweet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#23]
These are still for sale

Anyone that hasn't bought at least one is an idiot

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I like mine!  Slapped a small light on the rail and it's the nightstand gun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#25]

I still have not been able to find raised sights.  I hope someone comes out with some, or I am going to have to put a RMR or such on it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I still have not been able to find raised sights.  I hope someone comes out with some, or I am going to have to put a RMR or such on it.
View Quote

Have you called Dawson to see if they would make a set of raised Walther sights?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I just aim right through my can with standard sights.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but

kygunco is selling a TB PPX for $300 on their website incase anyone is looking for an inexpensive one
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I just ordered a PPX M1 SD from CDNN.  Been thinking about getting one for a while, figured I better make it happen sooner than later in light of recent events.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone compared the ppx to the canik tp9sa?

They are both within the budget and I havent been able to handle both side by side ... If anyone could share their experience i would greatly appreciate that. Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They are both within the budget and I havent been able to handle both side by side ... If anyone could share their experience i would greatly appreciate that. Thanks!

View Quote

TP9SA doesn't have a threaded barrel option... otherwise I would have gone with one of them. I can't compare them directly, though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My thread protector slips off during shooting, so keep an eye on yours as you shoot.  Cant locktite it either as it needs to come off for disassembly.

I keep it on while its in the safe and then remove it at the range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scored the threaded version today at the gunshow for $350 OTD.

Not too shabby. Can't wait to shoot it!

My thread protector slips off during shooting, so keep an eye on yours as you shoot.  Cant locktite it either as it needs to come off for disassembly.

I keep it on while its in the safe and then remove it at the range.

I have my thread protector loctited.  It's very easy to move the barrel around to clean and lube. A lot better than constantly trying to tighten it or not have it on at all.  Not sure if the threads might suffer if the protector  is not on while shooting.

I bought the PPX because I saw no reason not to own a 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone put a red dot in a PPX?  I bought the threaded 9mm version and am thinking of ordering a can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#34]
No dummy
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

TP9SA doesn't have a threaded barrel option... otherwise I would have gone with one of them. I can't compare them directly, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, if you have a problem or need a spare part in the future (like a recoil spring) you will likely get good support form Walther U.S.A.

While the Canik is tempting, customer support form Century will likely be non-existent and good luck trying to get spare parts. I was a big fan of the ARCUS 98DAC (also imported by Century). So much so that I ran several thousand rounds through it in a couple years. I wore out the recoil spring and needed a replacement No big deal right? Wrong, all Century told me was that the gun was out of warranty and that they don't stock spare parts. After about another year of a non-functioning gun sitting in the safe I found a guy who had a bunch of recoil springs made-up and got my 98DAC back in working condition (along with a couple spare springs). I may be SOL when something else breaks or wears out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone make raised suppressor sights for it?
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#37]
On sale again today for $279.99; also the threaded version for $289.99.

Did the Sico Osprey suppressor allow for sight usage on these models?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Anybody find any mags back at $20? Anything success with the suppressor sights?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks like they have more .40s than 9mms. The .40 PPX is now $269 and the .40 14rd mags are $20.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Found one local to me for $30p out the door.   Threaded barrel.  Put a dozen rounds thru it just to see if it works,  and it ate them up..
Yep,  kind of ugly,  but it shoots well enough for me.   Will be fun with my suppressor...
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:59:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Best deal on mags I've been able to find since CDNN raised the price! Very fast shipping too.
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/walther-mecgar-factory-c-133/walther-ppx-m1-16-rd-9mm-factory-magazine-wal2791714-p-1553.html
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Got a notice in my email that this is the "last chance" to buy these at this price
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#43]
PPX 9mm and .40 mags are back on special at CDNN for $19.99 again.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Got a notice in my email that this is the "last chance" to buy these at this price
View Quote

They are $299 now, still a good deal. I bought a pair at $279 and even got consecutive numbers. One went to the wife, who likes the ease of manipulating the slide. Heavy slide, weaker recoil spring. It is ugly as a mud fence, but is accurate and very reliable with anything I feed it except Russian steel case. I like the trigger. It operates on a different principle than many DAO guns, so if that feature is keeping you from checking one out you may be pleasantly surprised. It is a bit clunky to carry around, but I am going to toss a light on it and use it for one of my house guns. I may end up putting talon grips on it as it does not seem as grippy as I would like, especially compared to my VP9. Some people may wail about the high bore axis but I find it to be very controllable and quick back on target. Sure, it is not 100% ambi, and the mag release is only reversible, but practice practice practice can lessen those drawbacks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I should get a backup... You know, just to have!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
PPX 9mm and .40 mags are back on special at CDNN for $19.99 again.
View Quote

Thanks for the head's up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Yep,  thanks for the notice, I bought a couple of mags today.   I almost want to buy a second PPX, way cheap for a good gun......
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone shot theirs with a suppressor?  I should be picking up an Octane 45HD soon and I was wondering how well it shoots with a suppressor.  Was is reliable?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Mine is still in jail but my wife and I want for a visit Saturday.   Shot my G17 that I bought a lone wolf barrel for,  (had to get throat opened up to shoot my cast reloads)  and my new PPX.   Both shot fine with a box of white target ammo. PPX worked better than the glock,  but both fine.   Can't use sights with the can,  but I still put them all in 6inch at 10 yds.   And I was not shooting for accuracy.   Will be a hoot when it gets to come home.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I've got an Osprey in jail and will know soon (I hope--should have been approved by now).

Page / 4
Top Top