Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2012 6:31:27 PM EDT
I bought mine, now you can buy yours (I'm selfish).  16 round SW99 9mm mags for $30 each with flat rate shipping.  I have tested them in my PPQ and they ran great!!!

I got em from Whatacountry.  (they were $28 when I bought em)

I don't work for em or get anything from em.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting...
Can we get a linky to these?
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
http://whatacountry.com/smith-and-wesson.aspx

I have also read that Magnum Research Baby Eagle magazines work, as well as newer p99 magazines
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
http://whatacountry.com/smith-and-wesson.aspx

I have also read that Magnum Research Baby Eagle magazines work, as well as newer p99 magazines

I think the others cost more.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes the magnum research mags are $31 at midway
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes the magnum research mags are $31 at midway

You may come out a little cheaper using a Midway coupon but the S&W mags hold 16 vs 15 FWIW
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Has S&W figured out how to make 2 objects occupy the same space or is there a major design difference to get that extra round in? It sounds too good to be true. How many rounds have you run through your S&W? Is it 100% reliable?
Blah, blah, blah... sorry for all the questions.
Thanks for the link BTW.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got 150 plus through the mag now. No issues.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 4:31:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Am curious and interested in these mags, but still a little leery - but glad to hear someone has shot them successfully.   They look like it's a flush floor plate (like my PPQ factory 15 rd'ers) and not the extended floor plate for the 17 rd'ers.  So I'm guessing (can anyone confirm?) the mag body is the same, but the spring and/or follower is different to allow 16 rds (as there is no way I can get 16 rds into a factory PPQ mag).  I know browning did this to create a 15 rd flush fit mag for the hipower using the same 13 rd body.  Has anyone taken a pic of the front of the mag yet next to a factory walther 15rd'er to show they have the same dimensions at the lip to the follower?
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Am curious and interested in these mags, but still a little leery - but glad to hear someone has shot them successfully.   They look like it's a flush floor plate (like my PPQ factory 15 rd'ers) and not the extended floor plate for the 17 rd'ers.  So I'm guessing (can anyone confirm?) the mag body is the same, but the spring and/or follower is different to allow 16 rds (as there is no way I can get 16 rds into a factory PPQ mag).  I know browning did this to create a 15 rd flush fit mag for the hipower using the same 13 rd body.  Has anyone taken a pic of the front of the mag yet next to a factory walther 15rd'er to show they have the same dimensions at the lip to the follower?

I feel the same. It would be awesome of you RockSarge if you could post a bunch of pics of these two side by side, loaded, unloaded and in the gun. Asking a lot I know, but it would be super helpful for the nautrally untrusting people like GWC3 and I.
Super helpful info like this may even earn you a sticky...
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel the same. It would be awesome of you RockSarge if you could post a bunch of pics of these two side by side, loaded, unloaded and in the gun. Asking a lot I know, but it would be super helpful for the nautrally untrusting people like GWC3 and I.
Super helpful info like this may even earn you a sticky...

I will try to post em today or tonight.

Link Posted: 1/11/2012 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Walther is RED - S&W is WHITE

Link Posted: 1/11/2012 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has S&W figured out how to make 2 objects occupy the same space or is there a major design difference to get that extra round in? It sounds too good to be true. How many rounds have you run through your S&W? Is it 100% reliable?
Blah, blah, blah... sorry for all the questions.
Thanks for the link BTW.

DIFFERENT FOLLOWER!
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Rocksarge - great pics and they show a lot.  Follower is different and it looks like the actual mag body shape/design is different at the top opening (in plan view looking top down) which seats the follower.  The PPQ red follower has that "hook" to the left and it appears the mag body is shaped outward to accommodate it whereas the P99 does not and is shaped differently.   And the depth and shape of the follower bottoms are different which may account for the 16th round.  I'm kind of surprised it seems to work as well as apparently it does in a PPQ - wonder if it rattles in the PPQ given the external shape at the top/follower area.  On the other hand, I'd expect an issue way before 150 rounds.  I may try a couple as range mags.  Again, thanks Rocksarge, great post!  (BTW, what types of ammo have you tested them with so far:  fmj, jhp's, 115gr, 124gr, 147gr etc?  thx)
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rocksarge - great pics and they show a lot.  Follower is different and it looks like the actual mag body shape/design is different at the top opening (in plan view looking top down) which seats the follower.  The PPQ red follower has that "hook" to the left and it appears the mag body is shaped outward to accommodate it whereas the P99 does not and is shaped differently.   And the depth and shape of the follower bottoms are different which may account for the 16th round.  I'm kind of surprised it seems to work as well as apparently it does in a PPQ - wonder if it rattles in the PPQ given the external shape at the top/follower area.  On the other hand, I'd expect an issue way before 150 rounds.  I may try a couple as range mags.  Again, thanks Rocksarge, great post!  (BTW, what types of ammo have you tested them with so far:  fmj, jhp's, 115gr, 124gr, 147gr etc?  thx)

Mine doesn't rattle.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm now up to 5 total. Gonna test out the new ones.  You can replace springs with Beretta 92 mag springs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like you kids cleaned em out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm now up to 5 total. Gonna test out the new ones.  You can replace springs with Beretta 92 mag springs.

Rocksarge - I sent you an IM

I need to replace the springs in my SW99 16-rnd 9mm mags.  Having trouble finding replacement mag springs....
Which capacity Beretta 92 mag springs are a direct replacement?

TIA!
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I read another forum where 10 round Beretta springs work but have no firsthand experience.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:27:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry guys, but I'll hold out for factory mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top