Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 10:13:46 PM EDT
Anyone have and used one of these 380 s .What do you think.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry one as my EDC and love it. If you get one make sure you get a "C" series the early ones had some issues with extraction. I have over 500 rds threw mine (eat everything I have put threw it)with no problems at all. Great price, lite weight, double strike capability, and hold open after last round. I think it is one of the best over looked pocket carries on the market. Trust my life to it everyday.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Ehhh it was alright.

My hands are big and it just didn't do it for me.

It was the wife's EDC and she loved it at first.

I couldn't get her off of it.

2 years later I handed her a PT111G2 and it was all over.

She said to get rid of the .380 this is now her gun.

I kept it for a while longer hoping it would grow on me.

Nope still couldn't shoot it accurately enough, after the first round.

Had to readjust every time.

Outside of my personal preference, it was good functioning little pistol. I never had a problem firing wise out of it.

It ate any ammo I put in it.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
we have an e series and it works great eat everything slide locks open on the last round and you can get 10rd mags accuracy is good at 7 yards no issues.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a C series that I carry. Only malfunctions I've had were with a Pro-Mag extended mag.
Shot Tul, aluminum, Perfecta, brass, etc.
I used a small file to take the sharp edges and the seam off the trigger guard.
I don't have big hands so it works for me.
Size-wise it's identical to a Colt Pocketlite. (Which is a lot nicer to shoot, by the way)
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked one up a couple weeks ago. ( "E" series)
Finally got to shoot a few rounds through it yesterday.
Shot everything without a hiccup.  (Critical Defense, Fiocci HP, and FMJ)
Good accuracy @ 7 yards.  Nice trigger pull.  Just be sure you allow the trigger to fully return.
This does not have a short reset.  But then this is double action only.
No reason to not carry all the time with this one.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got an E series stainless. Shot about 100 rounds of various ammo with no issues. Trigger pull is crazy smooth and consistent for a tiny pistol. Pull weight is a hair under 5lbs. I had a Ruger LCP before this and I much prefer the TCP. It has a superior trigger, slightly more comfortable grip and last round hold open. The LCP's only real advantage is the sights on the newer versions.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#7]
How hard is it to cycle the slide.  My wife has trouble with all of my 9mm's.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#8]

hate the fake reset and taurus discontinued the 8 round mags for no reason.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:40:30 AM EDT
[#9]
My EDC in a DeSantis wallet holster. Critical Defense ammo.
Don't even feel it. And it shoots very well .

Made in USA, to boot.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How hard is it to cycle the slide.  My wife has trouble with all of my 9mm's.
View Quote

mine is very smooth but the slide stop makes it easier to insert a full mag lock the slide back insert mag and hit the lever.really no need though the slide is very easy to rack.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I had one when they first came out and got rid of it. Never had an issue, but I got rid of several guns around then for no real reason. Picked up an LCP 2 weeks ago, which I don't like compared to the TCP due to the trigger and no slide lock. Well, today I was in my LGS and they had a used TCP so I bought it. First two mags went 12 for 12 failure to extract. Brought it home, cleaned it, removed and cleaned the extractor, and went and shot it again. First mag got 2 shots off without FTE, the rest failed. Now, if I hold the gun upside down and shoot it, it works great. Since I didn't have any issues with my early version, I didn't know there were known problems with certain versions. This one is a 62,xxxA. Should I try a new extractor, or see if they'll work with me on it and take it back?

ETA: I think I will give their Unlimited Repair Policy a shot...
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I've used the Taurus lifetime warranty once with a SS model 94 22 LR revolver I bought used.  Taurus wanted me to ship the gun to them overnight by FedEx.  It was going to cost $80+ to ship FedEx so I had my dealer ship it by US Mail.  I actually packaged the revolver myself and  I used a priority mail box and enclosed a copy of my Dealer's FFL.  My Dealer is a good friend and when Taurus repaired my revolver they shipped it back to my Dealer free of charge.  I think it cost less than $20 to ship USPS Priority with insurance.   Fortunately my revolver was repaired correctly and functions correctly and is accurate.

Just another option if you decide to use Taurus warranty.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry one as my EDC and love it. If you get one make sure you get a "C" series the early ones had some issues with extraction. I have over 500 rds threw mine (eat everything I have put threw it)with no problems at all. Great price, lite weight, double strike capability, and hold open after last round. I think it is one of the best over looked pocket carries on the market. Trust my life to it everyday.
View Quote

same here. Light weight has fed all of i have shot through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top