Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2015 8:56:16 PM EDT
I know you can not buy a stock PT1911 with a threaded barrel, or at least not that I am aware.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a drop in threaded barrel.  For the haters of the PT1911 go else where, anyone that has a PT1911 must still like it so please lend me your thoughts.  I have around 600 rounds through mine with the only issue being a chip mccormick mag giving me issues when loaded with 8 rounds.  Factory mag, mec-gar mag and Wilson Combat mags work flawlessly.  For $419 this is best 1911 under $500 IMO.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
When they work ..... They really work.  I have about 400 through mine.  I was looking at the Swenson barrel.  I know I will get chastised for that but I want to go through the pain of fitting it myself.  But I am also looking at a storm lake drop in for it so iI can minimize the pain.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think one can wrong with a Storm Lake barrel.  I will check out the Swenson barrels.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I am going through this ordeal right now as we speak... I am having a 1911 buddy of mine totally revamp my Taurus 1911...

I've replaced all internal components with Wilson Bulletproof parts, having my buddy fit adjustable rear Kensights, Custom cut grips, new hammer without lock, etc...EVERYTHING is being swapped.

As far as the barrel goes, I opted for a Nighthawk Match non-drop in barrel. My buddy is fitting it.

Just before giving him my gun for upgrading, I purchased the $60 Swenson barrel from Midway, although I hadn't had the chance to shoot it.

He poo-pood all over the barrel. Said the lugs and hood weren't straight and that the chamber appeared to be cut too shallow.

He said that after examining the barrel, that he'd be wary of shooting it.

I am wondering if he is a barrel snob, or if he is really being factual....But he does know his shit, and does good work, so I will bow to his superior knowledge.

Anyways, he is also painting and upgrading my 92fs, so I'll give you guys an update when I actually get my gun back.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
From everything I have read about Storm Lake, I think that would be the way I would go.  Or Wilson Combat stuff is always good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like your doing a thorough overhaul on your 1911.  Would like to see pics when you get it completed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top