Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2015 9:39:27 PM EDT
Long story short it just wont feed in my pistol, was wondering if anyone else had any issues like this with this ammo and pistol. I think the ogive of the bullet is just too round and protrudes into the throat of the barrel. All my other ammo is fine, and when I checked the case and oal with calipers they were the same as the ammo that drops right in.

Link 1

Link 2

I suck with the pics, but basically one is a WW White box, brass case sits flush and then the other is a pic of the Tul where it sits up maybe a 1/10 inch above.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
TulAmmo or any steel case is not recommended for the TCP.  Not many have success with it.  Spend a hair more for some brass stuff.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#2]
After a little more searching on the net found several other forums where this was apparently an issue back in mid 2012-2013, apparently it was an issue in LCP, P3AT, Bodyguards, and TCP's, most complained about the big ogive bullets too.  don't know if new tulammo will be any better. But I bet my box was bought back then, it was part of my ammo stashes.

As for shooting the steel cases, I agree and know they are hard on guns, but sometimes it just the cheap SOB in me that makes me buy it.... try not too.... but......

I need to just break down and get some dies and save my brass cases. I WILL be staying away from the steel cased stuff....sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I've put 100 rounds through my C series TCP with no problems.
That was last year when there was no other .380 available.
I wont run any more, though.
The only feeding issues I've had is with a ProMag extended mag. Fail to feed at least every other mag.

ETA: That is for ball ammo. It does not like Hornady CD ammo, needs a rounder projectile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top