Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 12:02:43 PM EDT
I found a fix for a common problem on Taurus model 94 22 LR revolvers where the rear sight blade is lost.  The adjustable rear sight uses two screw heads to adjust the windage on the rear sight.  If you turn the right side screw to move the windage but don't tighten the left side screw the blade can become loose and fall out.  There doesn't appear to be a spring in the rear sight to keep pressure on the blade.

In looking for a replacement rear blade I found this to be a very common occurrence and Taurus only sells the complete rear sight assembly which is approximately $50.  I found that Ruger uses a very similar size rear sight blade on their SP101 adjustable sight and Ruger Mark I & II semi auto 22's.  There is a thread with pictures on rimfire central and I'll post a link for anyone interested.  Midway USA has the Ruger rear sight blades in stock and Brownell's carry Ruger rear sight blades but they are currently out of stock.  In any event this was a cheap solution to my missing rear sight blade on a model 94 Taurus.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569004
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to know.  Mine is cranked all the way left. My barrel was not installed properly.  It is a shooting son of a bitch, so I am not going to send it in for repair.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Just some additional info reference a replacement rear sight blade for the Model 94 Taurus.  I pulled the rear sight blade from a Ruger MK II 22 LR semi auto pistol.  The height and notch  are the same as the SP101 rear sight.  The Mark II rear sight blade is wider than the base of the model 94 so the SP101 blade seems to be a better fit and would not take as much fitting.  I did not have to modify the SP101 blade to work in model 94 but the rear sight is lowered as low as it will go but shoots pretty close to point of aim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top