Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 3:59:04 PM EDT
There are videos on YouTube and some posts on various forums about the guide rod on the PT 111 "freezing" and becoming unable to compress.

After shooting my new G2 for the first time (about 75 rounds), I broke it down for cleaning and discovered the same issue - I couldn't compress the spring enough to even re-assemble the pistol.

I jiggered with the spring and guide rod for a while and it suddenly and mysteriously "un-froze". Now it seems to work fine.

Can someone shed some light on this? Is there some fix available for it, or any tips on freeing it up if it sticks again?

EDIT: Sweet little pistol, by the way!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
There are videos on YouTube and some posts on various forums about the guide rod on the PT 111 "freezing" and becoming unable to compress.

After shooting my new G2 for the first time (about 75 rounds), I broke it down for cleaning and discovered the same issue - I couldn't compress the spring enough to even re-assemble the pistol.

I jiggered with the spring and guide rod for a while and it suddenly and mysteriously "un-froze". Now it seems to work fine.

Can someone shed some light on this? Is there some fix available for it, or any tips on freeing it up if it sticks again?

EDIT: Sweet little pistol, by the way!
View Quote

Thought about calling Taurus? They may send you a new one. And again they may not send a new one till they get the old one thats frozen.

I hate 2 piece guide rods.

Wished I could be of more help.

ETA: You might try and contact this company. Stainless Steel Guide Rods

They do not have Taurus listed, but if you call and let them know whats going on and that its not just you thats having the issue they may be interested in making some.

I got one from them for my Shield and its really nice.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I'll just continue to shoot and see how it does. If it gives me any trouble I'll get in touch with Taurus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top