Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/29/2014 9:43:38 AM EDT

Hard to pass up $299+ shipping from SOG.  $323 to my FFL next day.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Really? A Taurus? I can't count the number of various "PT-xxx" models I sent back during the years I worked at a gun store. No thank you

ETA: Sorry, didn't notice this was the Taurus forum, carry on
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
over 1000 rnds - love this weapon - fits like a glove - first Taurus - runs as good as any gun I have and better than some.

Don't listen to the Taurus bashers unless they have specific experience with this model.

BTW:  I have yet to find a negative post regarding the G2 with the exception of personal opinion on the trigger and the rough grip.  I'm sure they are out there because every manufacturer has an occasional clunker but everything I've read has been similar to my experience.  Perfect!

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my wife on e a few week's ago. I actually like it too....
hate to admit it, but I shoot better groups with it than I do my
Gen-4 19  

It's a bad ass little gun.  I think it has a lifetime warranty to doesn't it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it has a lifetime warranty to doesn't it?
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:16:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I too have this pistol. feels great. lightweight and conceals nice.
already had to have it fixed because the spring holding the slide catch had no tension
so the slide would lock every few shots. Also wasn't a big fan of the mags or the trigger pull.(new to double stack mags and striker pistol though..)
other then that,I like the little gun!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
nvm
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one coming Monday. I have a old gen-1 24/7 and a old gen-1 pT-145...I will give initial range report toward end of week on new PT-111 G2...Current daily carry is the PT-145....I do like Taurus, and have had some issues but no more than any of my other hand guns.

Oh 281.66$ out the door....
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought one from PSA. Hopefully they have it ready to pick up by this weekend so I can take it to the range with me. If so I'll report back with my impressions. Really, any handgun that works reliability is a good deal at this price.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have one coming Monday. I have a old gen-1 24/7 and a old gen-1 pT-145...I will give initial range report toward end of week on new PT-111 G2...Current daily carry is the PT-145....I do like Taurus, and have had some issues but no more than any of my other hand guns.

View Quote

I bought 2-days too early. Dammmm
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:01:53 AM EDT
[#11]

I fought my OCD and my OCD won over this one...

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just got back from the freezing cold range....Site a little low 1.5 turns. Shot perfect several different kinds of ammo, and no worries. I like how it fits and feels, mags are touch to load (tight) but it was so cold inside the range my hands were numb.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just got back from the freezing cold range....Site a little low 1.5 turns. Shot perfect several different kinds of ammo, and no worries. I like how it fits and feels, mags are touch to load (tight) but it was so cold inside the range my hands were numb.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The springs on them are very tight.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
mags are touch to load (tight) but it was so cold inside the range my hands were numb.
View Quote

yup, mags were a Bitch to load for me too.  12th round damn near impossible
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked one up around the beginning of December.  Much more impressed with the G2 than with the previous PT series.  I took some 400 grit and lightly smoothed out the stippling.  The mushy trigger is not as bad as most make it out to be.  In fact, I shoot it as well as any of my Glocks or M&Ps.  I have about 400 rounds through it, and have had 0 issues.

Hopefully there will be some better sights available for it soon, such as night sights or TFOs.

My wife likes it very well, and I am strongly considering getting her one of her own very soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Been looking for a smallish ccw gun and the G2 wasn't even on the radar, despite being happy overall with my TCP. However, I picked one up a the fun show today and must say it's one of the best feeling pistols I've ever held.

Was really surprised when it turned out to be a 12+1. I assumed it was a single-stack.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:24:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Been looking for a smallish ccw gun and the G2 wasn't even on the radar, despite being happy overall with my TCP. However, I picked one up a the fun show today and must say it's one of the best feeling pistols I've ever held.

Was really surprised when it turned out to be a 12+1. I assumed it was a single-stack.
View Quote

A TCP was my first Taurus. I loved that thing. I got away from all small guns and sold it and my PF-9. In the end it worked out. I shoot my G2 so much better than the other two. The only time I miss the TCP is when I go to a store in gym clothes on the way home from the gym. That thing with a belt clip was great for that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Am I correct in that this is a DA/SA trigger?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Am I correct in that this is a DA/SA trigger?
View Quote

That's what their website says. If you only let out to reset it is a bit shorter of a pull. I've always assumed it was like any other striker fire pistol with double strike capability.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:03:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I got the 40s&w g2 in stainless. The trigger safety broke on the 3rd shot. I could not fire the 4th shot. Dropped the mag and ejected the round in the chamber to do and inspection. Found the plastic broken in the trigger, swept it out with my finger and then the pistol was able to fire again. Half way through my second box of ammo and the extractor assembly came apart. Needless to say my range day with it ended at that point. I found most of the parts to put it back together though i did loose the spring that forces the extractor to hold on to the case head. I went to the local gun smith and bought some stronger springs and cut them to fit. Put it back together and seems to be ok now. I paid 211 for it new from buds which is cheap so im not disappointed. As long as i can  make it work reliably i think its money well spent. Though i do not think i would recommend it as a primary or even a secondary pistol for anyone. If you want a good conceal carry get a shield. May cost a bit more but the quality is easily top tier.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Ordered on January 7 picked it up at my FFL January 24.

Kentucky Gun Co.   WWW.KYGUNCO.COM
Taurus PT-111 Millennium Pro G2 9mm Blue 12+1 6.2 Inches Semi-Automatic **30-45 day ship time**
Item # TRS-1-111031G2-12
Free Shipping!

$203.89Retail Price $197.95 Cash Discount Price

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought two G2's in 9mm from Cherooke Gun and Pawn here in Canton, GA. $211 each out the door. I just took my wife to the range last week, and I shot 100 through mine, and 100 through hers, then two mags each of Hornady JHP 124gr +P ammo. Shot some more later.

Both ran flawlessly, and were decently accurate. The only neg I could find with her gun is the 1mag would not load 12rd. into the magazine, and if I somehow manage to do it, it has an impossible time to rack the slide, so I just loaded 11+1 in hers.

Both I couldn't be more happier with our two choices. She will carry hers, and I will keep mine as a car gun, since I already carry a Walther PPQ M1. But, so far, it's been a great gun for the money.

Uncle Mike's Size 16 (G19 IWB holster)

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Per another thread, I got one a couple months ago. It's a good shooter, but the trigger does take a little getting used to. Considering it isn't a target pistol, that's not a huge problem. It's a good size, it fits my hand well and it handles recoil pretty well for a gun its size.

I'm not calling BS, but I'm always amazed at the experiences some people have with things. "Yeah, I bought a new Bentley and the left front wheel broke off after only a day." "I got a brand new 70" Samsung 4k TV, and the damn thing burst into flames and burned my house down." "I bought a Learjet 500 and it blew up and killed my pilot and crew on the way home from the factory." "My brand-new 100' Healy yacht wouldn't go over 20 knots, and when we tore it down, we found the engines were installed upside down." Yadda yadda yadda.

I've owned a bunch of Taurus pistols through the years and I've never had any of the problems the haters report on here. Maybe I'm just fantastically blessed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've owned a bunch of Taurus pistols through the years and I've never had any of the problems the haters report on here. Maybe I'm just fantastically blessed.
View Quote

Yup.  Haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Can anyone confirm, if the first generation PT-111 can accept the G2 Magazines?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. They're the same mags.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANKS!!

That's all i needed to know.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While this is true, keep in mind that the same is NOT the case for some other Gen2 Taurus handguns.

For example, the PT24/7G2 takes a different mag than the PT24/7PRO...

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:04:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

While this is true, keep in mind that the same is NOT the case for some other Gen2 Taurus handguns.

Just sayin'...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'...

Forrest

On a side note, the 24/7 pro mags fit the pt111 if you wanted a 17 rounder to take to the range (if you don't mind a little gap where your pinky is)  
When I bought my pt111 g2 last week it was a nice little surprise to find out that my older pt111(and 24/7) mags fit in my new pistol. Never had any trouble out of my original millennium pro, can't wait to take the g2 to the range soon to get a comparison
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe they accept Sig P226 mags also.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Picked one up at LGS today for $212 after tax out the door. LGS was having a "Taurus Day Sale" with the Taurus factory reps there and what-not,  and on top of the sale price, they threw in a decent set of ear protection and eye protection as at no additional cost.....  Too good of a deal to pass up.

Brought it home and put 2 mags through it... and I have to say that I am impressed.  The trigger is long, but not heavy. It will take some adjustment, but not much.  Overall initial impression is HUGE value for that price point.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I really agree. I have put a couple hundred more rounds through mine, and still like it just as much. I am not typically a fan of Taurus, but fan or not, at $200 the G2 is a home run.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brought it home and put 2 mags through it... and I have to say that I am impressed.  The trigger is long, but not heavy. It will take some adjustment, but not much.  Overall initial impression is HUGE value for that price point.
I really agree. I have put a couple hundred more rounds through mine, and still like it just as much. I am not typically a fan of Taurus, but fan or not, at $200 the G2 is a home run.

I have to agree with this too.  I took out a Taurus PT111G2 this past weekend and put 50rds through it (the gun was new, unfired).  Chugged right through them all.

While not much of a test, it worked...

And it was pretty comfortable to shoot as well (although, I admit, I hit the razor sharp 'stippling' points on the right butt with a file before I shot it, which took about 30 seconds).

Forrest
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#35]
In stock at PSA, $200 shipped through Sunday
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#36]
PSA has got them for $199 through tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Is there a way to remove the integrated lock?

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#38]
^why bother?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
^why bother?
View Quote

There is that...

I haven't...

Forrest
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:08:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

^why bother?
View Quote

Because I want too? That's why I asked.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Does a Taurus still come with an NRA membership?

I need to renew anyways. So it would be even more worth it to pick one of these up for $200
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#42]
What is the difference between the PT111 and the G2?

I saw a PT111 on a Facebook gun group the other day for a good price but it went fast.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#43]
It is the Generation 2 of the PT111 Millinieum
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:25:30 PM EDT
[#44]
OK...what is the difference between generation one and two?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Check Taurus Web Page : http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=872&category=Pistol&toggle=tp&breadcrumbseries=MP1
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:00:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:56:35 AM EDT
[#47]
What's the highest round count anyone have on the pt111 g2?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#48]
12-Rounds   with Std. Magazine
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
12-Rounds   with Std. Magazine
View Quote

He's asking how many rounds people have shot through their gun, not the mag capacity...

Just sayin'...

And since I have only 50 rounds through mine, I didn't feel it was worth commenting...

Forrest

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top