Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2014 11:48:45 AM EDT
I looked through the threads and couldn't find it so I just want to confirm.
If I recall correctly someone said they did and I responded in the thread but I don't recall which thread it was.
The Beretta 92 mags will function reliably in the Taurus 92 right?

Thanks for beating the dead horse again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Only if the notch for the magazine catch is opened up on the Berretta mags (the catch is bigger on the Taurus).

I bought an extra assembly for my PT 92 with the intent to modify it to Beretta dimensions.  Regrettably I haven't found the time to do so.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
They will with modification. Taurus notches are wide and shallow, beretta notches are narrow and long. If you find a close up picture of one of those 30rnd pro mags you can see how they cut them to be universal between the two.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply's.

Does anyone happen to have a pic of a mod they done?
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_89/1262202_5_Taurus_PT_92_99_mags__75_shipped_with_free_Fobus_holster.html

I can't get the stupid link hot. It's on page 6 in handgun parts,mags ,acc in the EE
Pretty much just cut it wider toward the top of the existing notch.
##EDIT## got the link working.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_89/1262202_5_Taurus_PT_92_99_mags__75_shipped_with_free_Fobus_holster.html

I can't get the stupid link hot. It's on page 6 in handgun parts,mags ,acc in the EE
Pretty much just cut it wider toward the top of the existing notch.
##EDIT## got the link working.
View Quote

Appreciate the help !
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
You can also put a cut on the front and use them in a XD9 also. I have bought about 20 beretta mags over the years and don't even own a beretta, but I do own a taurus and a XD.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a bunch of GI mags I have cut and they are great.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to YouTube, punch in "Beretta magazine mod for Taurus", and the guy will show you step by step how to modify your Beretta Mags to fit the Taurus. Have your Dremel tool ready.

YouTube... It's a wonderful thing...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top