Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2013 4:30:17 PM EDT
I've been looking for a KT P32 for my daughter, but since they seem to be very scarce, I grabbed a new TCP today for $199. Other than cleaning/oiling it and putting some rounds through it, is there anything needed to be done peculiar to this pistol?

If my daughter doesn't like it, it will likely become my pocket pistol next summer.

Thanks.

Put about 50rds through it today and it surprisingly wasn't any more difficult to shoot than the wife's P238. I say this only because I've heard so many tales about how brutal the KT P3AT and LCP supposedly are. IDK.

The only "issue" was I found out about its false reset with a couple of light strikes. I blame this on me as I'm used to the very short reset on my S&W 3913 was short stroking it. Just something I'll have to be aware of.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Most problems I have seen with them is from the shooter not holding it tight enough.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Clean and lube it after EVERY range session. Mine seems to be pretty sensitive to not getting cleaned and lubed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
There is one thing you have to remember; you have to fully realise the trigger, if you short stroke it it will not fire when trigger is let go again. You have to rack the slide.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine had a few teething issues right out of the box.  I took it apart and smoothed out the rough spots.  It's been GTG since.  IIRC you don't have to move the slide much to reset it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is one thing you have to remember; you have to fully realise the trigger, if you short stroke it it will not fire when trigger is let go again. You have to rack the slide.
View Quote

Yes, I've learned of the false reset. The very short reset of my S&W 3913 had me short-stroking the TCP. Now I just pretend I'm shooting my 442 and it has been flawless. If someone comes up with a cheap fix for the reset issue, or if Taurus decides to correct it, I'll likely buy another.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, I've learned of the false reset. The very short reset of my S&W 3913 had me short-stroking the TCP. Now I just pretend I'm shooting my 442 and it has been flawless. If someone comes up with a cheap fix for the reset issue, or if Taurus decides to correct it, I'll likely buy another.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many rounds through yours?  After 3 years, I've found that the trigger smoothed out nicely and I haven't felt any false resets.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How many rounds through yours?  After 3 years, I've found that the trigger smoothed out nicely and I haven't felt any false resets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only about a hundred or so. I'm not the lone ranger with this issue though. I learned over on the Taurus forum that it's evidently a trait of the pistol.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#8]
If you are concerned about it for failing during a self-defense situation, you could always send it back to Taurus to have it looked at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top