Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2013 4:34:19 PM EDT
I decided to give Taurus another shot, I had the LGS order one that should be here Tuesday. It has the 6.5" barrel

Since it's such a powerful cartridge and my first .44, is there anything I need to look out for during its first range session? I've heard the phrase lead shaving being thrown around due to poor timing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive owned about 30 Taurus revolvers and only had one that shaved lead, it was a used .357 that had been well used over the years and had some wear in the hand and lock. Taurus rebuilt it for free, all it cost me was shipping to them! the ported barrel in them really helps with recoil and muzzle flip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top