Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2013 11:57:21 AM EDT
Now that I am on the correct board.......Does anyone own a PT-845 and, if so, is your trigger pull VERY light?

I bought one and fired it recently.   It feeds and ejects very well and is fairly accurate BUT that sucker has a hair trigger compared to some other Taurus pistols I have fired.   I don't think it's malfunctioning and it' s not "dangerous" per se, but that trigger pull is very light.

Just wondered if other PT-845 owners noticed the same thing?  Just the opposite of a long, spongy trigger pull.   That's for sure.

I admit that I would be afraid to use this for home defense because under the stress of an intruder, it would be easy to fire off a round BEFORE you really wanted to, I fear.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My 809C has about a 2lb trigger when the hammer is cocked, the double action pull is a little long and heavy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
My PT840 is pretty light when the hammer is cocked.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 2:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got an 845 and the single action pull is about 4 pounds and it's pretty short. The double action pull is over ten pounds and it is looooooong. It does stage early into half cocked, but there is a long pull before the hammer is moved to the cocked condition and releases. It really doesn't stage where you can stop at simply cocked, unless you manually pull the hammer back. As I sit around and dry fire it more the pull has improved on DA, but it is still pretty much of a lawyer trigger.

I have read a lot of stuff about it being an unloved and untrusted pistol, but mine shoots to point of aim - as long as I can hold it there. I have only fired two magazines full of ammo at a local indoor range, and my 11 shot group was inside three inches at 12 yards. For me that is pretty good shooting since I have not owned a handgun for almost 15 years. I think it is reliable and as a weapon of last resort - which is what all handguns really are - I have no reservations about using it to defend my life or those around me. If they are more than 50 feet away, I will use the AR.

Of course I would rather have a 1911 but I can't afford one right now. Until then, paying just over $400 for a major caliber handgun is a pretty good deal. I will take this over any 9mm any day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top