Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 10:13:24 PM EDT
Looking for some "back up" Trijicon suppressor height sights to go on an MOS Glock with an RMR.

The decision is made on Trijicon. The decision is made on RMR. I don't need to rehash a discussion about those items.

What I'm interested in is feedback on the 2 different types of Trijicon sights I'm considering.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

On a pistol without an RMR I'll always lean towards a white ring or "HD" type front sight that draws your attention to it.

However, with this being my first RMR-equipped pistol I'm thinking that maybe the all black might be the way to go?

That way the white ring doesn't draw the attention of your eye away from the red dot, however it still allows for tritium vials for back up/night shooting.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend has an RMR on a G40 and I know he has back up sights on it but I never see them because I'm concentrating on the red dot. So I say buy whatever is cheapest.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
No one else with any input?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:29:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey bro.

Lots of RMR experience here. Dont waste your money on fancy sights.

These work fine

Most are frustrated by a cluttered sight picture with dotted BUIS/RMR setup.  Personally, im so used to the RMR that the plain sights are even distracting for me. My main rig has no BUIS Many years on that particular RM02...never an issue. (the adjustable LED models are a different story)

For the price, I still run them on defensive RMR setups for obvious reason.

Hope that helps some how. YMMV
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the non HD version on my RMR equipped G19, my logic was to put less distractions on the front sight. I'm not sure if that was the right call or not but it's the call I made and haven't had an issue with it yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Suarez sights on a G19MOS / RM06 and they are really tall. Too tall to fit in many kydex holsters.

Does anyone know of some "MOS" sights that are shorter?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:39:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Suarez sights on a G19MOS / RM06 and they are really tall. Too tall to fit in many kydex holsters.

Does anyone know of some "MOS" sights that are shorter?
View Quote
I have the Trijicon's pictured in photo 2 above on my glock34 MOS with a Leupold DPP and they are not tall enough but would work great with your set up.  Which Suarez sights are you running?  Might be interested in a trade?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looking for some "back up" Trijicon suppressor height sights to go on an MOS Glock with an RMR.

The decision is made on Trijicon. The decision is made on RMR. I don't need to rehash a discussion about those items.

What I'm interested in is feedback on the 2 different types of Trijicon sights I'm considering.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/412968/GL201-C-600658-210037.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/412968/GL201-C-600661-210038.JPG

On a pistol without an RMR I'll always lean towards a white ring or "HD" type front sight that draws your attention to it.

However, with this being my first RMR-equipped pistol I'm thinking that maybe the all black might be the way to go?

That way the white ring doesn't draw the attention of your eye away from the red dot, however it still allows for tritium vials for back up/night shooting.

Thoughts?
View Quote

I went with the black front to keep my focus completely on the red dot.  That being said the red dot completely stands out in daylight over the sights.  Night shooting you wont see the white ring anyway just the green tritium glowing so red dot and green dot contrast.  You will not need the white ring would be my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top