Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 12:18:42 PM EDT
I'm about to pull the trigger on a TLR-6 for my Shield 9. I've wanted one for a while but I love my PJ holster so much that I'd hate to have to replace it with one to fit the mounted light. Silly reason I know but still. 

So my thing is the TLR-6 has been out for 2 years now and I'm wondering if Streamlight is planning on releasing an updated version anytime soon. With my luck I'd buy the current model and the next day they'd release a 200 lumen model.  Honestly I don't care too much about the laser but I guess it's nice to have.

So I was just wondering if the hive mind knew anything or had heard rumors of a new model coming out anytime soon. Otherwise I'll go ahead and buy the current version pretty soon. Best price I've found so far is $94 with free shipping. If anyone knows of a better deal I'd appreciate the info. 

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep an eye on OpticsPlanet if you want to save just a couple more bucks. I got mine from them about a month ago. It was $98, but they were offering a 10% off on lights at the time. They always offer free shipping on orders over $50 (which covers most items these days).

I was pleasantly surprised by how bright the TLR-6 is for only 100 lumens. I've tested it both indoors and out in the yard at night, and it seems pretty adequate. Obviously it's nowhere near as bright as the TLR-1 HL that I got in the same order. I'm not personally aware of any plans to release an upgrade, but I'd go for one if they did.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply Scout, but Optics Planet doesn't even have the Shield version in stock, only the G43 and some Sig models. 

I'll probably just go ahead and order it off Amazon for $94 since I get free Prime shipping and I need to order some other stuff off there anyway.  

About the lumens, I'm sure 100 is plenty bright for anything I'd possibly ever need on a subcompact carry gun. I've just gotten spoiled with Surefires lol. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
The Shield is the third option down when you select a model:

Streamlight Subcompact Gun Mounted Light w/ Laser

Amazon Prime is always a good option though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Shield is the third option down when you select a model:

Streamlight Subcompact Gun Mounted Light w/ Laser

Amazon Prime is always a good option though.
View Quote
I'm an idiot for missing that. I just searched "tlr 6" and only the Glock and Sig options came up. 

Thanks for pointing it out. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Primary arms has blown them out as a loss leader before. 

I love mine. Since it's going on a sub compact gun I don't mind the lower lumen level. Frankly I think it's bright enough. 
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine from jet.com with a coupon for like $65 shipped back around Christmas time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got mine from jet.com with a coupon for like $65 shipped back around Christmas time.
View Quote
Damn I wish I'd seen that deal. I finally ended up buying it off Amazon for $94 with free shipping. I was ordering some other stuff on there so it was convenient and the best price I could find. I do think 100 lumens is probably going to be plenty bright for such a small defensive pistol. We'll see when it gets here. Also snagged an extra pair of Howard Leight Impact muffs for $27 which I thought was a hell of a deal. And a cheap knockoff woobie since mines fallen to pieces 

Anyone got a recommendation for a nice kydex holster for the Shield 9/TLR-6 combo? I know there's a lot out there but I'd appreciate any input. I'm deeply in love with my PJ holster so I'll look into them. But I'd prefer to spend a little less.

This is probably a question for another thread but I've also gotta pick up another headband for the new muffs. Most all the ones I see are too thick, with too much padding and buckles and MOLLE webbing. I don't need all that. Just a nice thinly padded headband, preferably in Multicam. Might try just buying some 2" Crye webbing and making my own but I'm not all that handy with a needle and thread. Funny how spending money just makes you have to spend more 

Thanks for the replies. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top