Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2017 11:32:13 AM EDT
Well just found some on "TUFFY" Storage sight!
But if there are any others, please let me know! Thanks!

I have been looking for under the seat lockable storage box!
Found the  "Be-Stop Under Seat Locking Storage Security Box "
For Jeep Wrangler!
All so found some
"CENTER CONSOLES" storage boxes for SUV!
I have a small car as my primary vehicle.
I like to put it under the passenger's front seat!
An access it from the back seat, while setting in the driver seat!
I want it to be bolted down, by using the seat bolts!
Not crazy about the cable lock!
Thinking of maybe having one wedded up from a small house lock box!
So does the hive know of any manufactures of lock
boxes for small to mid size cars???

PITA45
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking for a way to secure an ARF pistol in a Jeep Liberty in some way that puts it out of sight and less likely to tempt a wandering ne'er-do-well who would otherwise be able to stay pure and sin-free.
Not a lot of room/access under the rear bolted-down seat bottoms.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a 2010 E350 12 passenger van
for general hauling, towing, family vehicle.

I am looking for an 18" wide 2 drawer cabinet
to bolt down between the front seats for for
a lockable storage area. I will use the top as
a catch all. I guess I will look at the office
supply stores, because I can't find anything
specifically made for the van.

John
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's one.  It's a bit pricey but the heaviest gauge I've seen.

http://products.fas1safe.com/product.sc;jsessionid=81AA123CB4FDACABE3EDA229CC2FEF35.p3plqscsfapp001?productId=25&categoryId=1

I've been looking at this Hornady but it won't work in my small car.  That's why I've started looking the the box above.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8FQ7V0?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out that TUFFY" Storage
They have a LE storage for long guns. Not sure they fit a Jeep.
But Be-Stop storage is for jeeps!
Soft tops mostly!!!

PITA45
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Not much help here but I've done some looking at a local safe store and they have a number of handgun or similarly sized small "safes" of various quality, lock types, sizes, etc., some of which would or at least might fit under a car seat.  Several came with looping cables to allow for securing to a fixed item.  I think it's pretty obvious that a cable could be defeated with less trouble than a bolted down box of some sort.  OTOH, bolting down the box under a car seat seems like it would generally make access very difficult and dealing with a locking device especially difficult.  the cabled box could be moved around some to better access the door and locks and still allow it to be placed back out of sight.  Having dropped keys, coins and even soda cans under the seats, I've found them fairly difficult to get to and not sure on any car or even truck we currently have that a box that could be fit under the seat would be quickly accessed if fixed in place and even a cable locked box might require a fair amount of fiddling about to place a firearm in or take it out with any degree of stealth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top