Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2017 6:17:10 PM EDT
No experience with RDS on pistols. Looking to get into the game but want to make the "right" decision right off the bat since these things cost a pretty penny.

Narrowed it down to a Trijicon RMR. Narrowed it down to a dual-illuminated model. This isn't a discussion on other brands/models.

Which reticle RMR and why?

Poll inbound!
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both amber and green dot models (can't tell you the dot size as I don't know it).

I will buy another amber dot sight, but no more green ones.

The green is really bad to "fade out" if I'm in a shaded spot aiming at a sunny/brightly lit target.  The amber dot is still easy to see under those conditions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I assume the dual illumination is a requirement for fear of battery failure?? What do you intend to use the pistol for?  I have a battery powered one and it's outstanding. It has never failed and if it did I have suppressor height irons. It auto regulates the brightness so I don't have to worry about it washing out or getting lost in white light. The problem I had when I shopped dual illumination was standing in one light situation (dark for example) and aiming into the opposite (bright light).  The reticle is easier to get lost in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the RM08G's which have
the green triangle.  

I have 3 of them, and carry one
on my EDC Glock 17.4.

The triangle stands out better to me
against most backgrounds, as well as
the green over the amber. I like the
ability to use the top tip of the triangle
as a fine aiming point. 40 yard head
shots are almost effortless with a little
practice.

If it's going on a carry piece, than I
believe you should also have tritium
sights, as well. This will help make up
for the few conditions where the triangle
may wash out, and you need iron sights
to help you get to the red dot at the
presentation.

I really like them.

YMMV

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top