Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2017 10:15:23 PM EDT
So I'm attending a defensive pistol class next weekend, and I'd really like to use my new P320 in the class, as it's intended to be my new carry gun.  However, it's looking like the MTAC holster I ordered probably won't arrive in time.  I have a PT111 I could shoot for the class, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it (I just don't shoot it as well).  Does anyone have a suggestion for a relatively cheap and safe IWB holster I can use in the interim?  Comfort and perfect concealability isn't as big a concern for the class.  Depending on the holster I might be able to use it for something else, too, in a pinch (if it's a more generic one).

I could also use the OWB one that came with the gun, I guess, but then I'm drifting further from "train as you fight"...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#1]
For a less expensive, high quality IWB with no lead time, I'd recommend a Raven Concealment Morrigan at $45-55, but I'm not sure they have them for P320s yet.  

For around $90 you could get a Raven Concealment Phantom for a P320.  No lead time depending on the features you request and ships same or next day if you call.  Might not be the cheapest, but it's not outrageous and it's an excellent holster that you could use IWB/OWB and get a ton of mileage out of: http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/sig-sauer-phantom-modular-holster/

ETA: Amazon has each size of P320 Raven Phantoms for $94.99 available as OWB with next day or two day shipping.  Can always add the excellent Raven IWB hooks after the class, or order as you want directly from Raven and likely get it before the class.  Again, depending on what "affordable" is, but these would be excellent setups no matter.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For a less expensive, high quality IWB with no lead time, I'd recommend a Raven Concealment Morrigan at $45-55, but I'm not sure they have them for P320s yet.  

For around $90 you could get a Raven Concealment Phantom for a P320.  No lead time depending on the features you request and ships same or next day if you call.  Might not be the cheapest, but it's not outrageous and it's an excellent holster that you could use IWB/OWB and get a ton of mileage out of: http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/sig-sauer-phantom-modular-holster/

ETA: Amazon has each size of P320 Raven Phantoms for $94.99 available as OWB with next day or two day shipping.  Can always add the excellent Raven IWB hooks after the class, or order as you want directly from Raven and likely get it before the class.  Again, depending on what "affordable" is, but these would be excellent setups no matter.
View Quote
That's more than the $80 I dropped on the MTAC But thanks for the suggestion!
Anyway, I found a generic leather holster on Amazon for about $19 that will suffice for the class, at least, as long as I take care to reholster properly.  It'll work for backup and might be compatible with other stuff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, as it turns out I need not have worried.  The MTAC arrived today (Amazon still says "preparing for shipment" ).  Did you know Comp-Tac sends a roll of Smarties with every order?.

Anyway, now I have an alternate/backup coming that might work with some of my other stuff.  So there's that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to recommend a Vedder LightTuck at $50 something and Vedder will ship in 2-3 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top