Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 12:00:05 AM EDT
Just as the title says, I'm looking for a good holster system for my sidearms when I am driving. Normally I just keep my G43 at 5 o'clock however on longer distance runs, this becomes pretty uncomfortable. Not to mention that in the event where I would need quick access, my draw will be a lot slower. 

With that, I am hoping to find something outside of the Cloak Dock and those similar as I am really hoping to avoid drilling, however if I must, I will. 

I like the accessibility of the steering wheel mounts however I'm not sure I want it that visible in the event of a traffic stop. 

All of the right leg council mounts have been screw mounts which brings me back to drilling

Looking for some insight to other solutions as well as any experiences the hive has in this regard.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoulder holster?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe a seat cover with a pocket on the front? Add a patch of Velcro and a Velcro backed holster to keep the pistol between your knees.

Along the lines of the steering column mount, there used to be a similar one that strapped to the seat and positioned the pistol between the knees. Can't remember the name, sorry.

Both are easily covered with a piece of cloth to hide from plain view.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had very good results with a snub nose holster ratchet strapped to the seat with the holster on the right side of the seat (use strap like a belt).

I then tuck a small rag behind the strap/holster to create a flap that drapes over the holstered J-frame revolver.

The rag can be quickly removed or just kept folded out of the way by tucking under your leg.

The revolver is neatly concealed, out of the way, firmly anchored and instantly accessible.

Will take a picture tomorrow.

ETA:

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm toying with the idea of a magnet system (like one of these:  http://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-magnetic-tool-holder-60433.html though a bit smaller would be preferable)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top