Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2017 6:30:29 PM EDT
So, I am going to get an "optic ready" G34.

I have never used an optic on a pistol other than my deer-hunting 44mag that has a 2x Leupold scope on it. I recently got an Aimpoint PRO for an AR pistol and it made me realize that being a dinosaur sucks and I should get into the 21st century.

Which sight should I get? Why? I don't mind spending money on optics, god knows I have enough rifles that cost less than their glass, but this isn't going to be my "social use" handgun either.

Anyhow, those of you who are running some kind of red-dot on your handgun, tell me what you would recommend and why, thanks!  Oh, and any issues I will need to resolve for the recommended model to be mounted correctly would be helpful too.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Delta point Pro

Big glass/fov,, crisp adjustable dot. You can replace battery without removing optic, and Rear sight. I've used docters, MRDS, and RMRs and this is the best pistol optic, hands down.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Delta point Pro

Big glass/fov,, crisp adjustable dot. You can replace battery without removing optic, and Rear sight. I've used docters, MRDS, and RMRs and this is the best pistol optic, hands down.
View Quote

Ooooh, I hadn't even looked at that one.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Delta point Pro

View Quote

Been considering this myself after having a few range sessions with a friends.  Like the ability to change the battery without removing the optic as well as the reticle. Feel that it gives you more of an option for fast target acquisition as well as fine accuracy the way that the triangular reticle allows you to place the tip of the triangle reticle on the target.  

I have the RMR LED 6.5, and while a fantastic optic there are a few things about the Delta Point I prefer.  However I do not feel that you can go wrong with either optic.

YMMV!
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I run a Cmore in uspsa open class and really like the optic but if your going slide mounted then the deltapoint pro is a really good option.  I don't know the rules about posting links on here so if you look on slickguns theres a deal where you can get it for 349.99
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a C-More STS on mine.  I just ordered a Trijicon RMR adjustable LED for my new S&W M&P.  Not concerned about removing the RDS to replace the battery.  Battery will last 4 to 5 years.  I have been running the same battery in my STS for three years now.

Don't bother with the dovetail mounts.  Get someone to mill the slide.  Zev did my Glock 34.  JagerWerks will get the M&P.

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro 2.5. The auto on/auto off feature works, making the DPP so user friendly. We have them on several G19 MOS pistols.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Vortex venom or Delta point pro. Both let you change battery from top.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a dual illuminated RM04. I know they aren't really favored here much, but it really is a stout optic and I've had zero problems out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top