Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2016 8:53:17 PM EDT
Dear god do they use 10 lbs of loctite per holster?  I swear some of the screws looked like they had red loctite on them.  I almost destroyed a 100 dollar WRS LVL2 holster tonight trying to adjust it more to my liking trying to get the screws and backers out.  One screw backer almost pulled though trying to put some leverage on the holster to keep the backer from spinning.  It's salvageable though.  Either use blue only or don't put any on so the end user can more easily adjust as they want.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Dear god do they use 10 lbs of loctite per holster?  I swear some of the screws looked like they had red loctite on them.  I almost destroyed a 100 dollar WRS LVL2 holster tonight trying to adjust it more to my liking trying to get the screws and backers out.  One screw backer almost pulled though trying to put some leverage on the holster to keep the backer from spinning.  It's salvageable though.  Either use blue only or don't put any on so the end user can more easily adjust as they want.
View Quote

I had the same issue a while back. I posted something on their Facebook page and they sent me a personal message. Apparently, there is a no loctite box to check at the bottom of the page, never saw it, otherwise they pour it on.  They told me I could send it back and they'd fix it at no cost.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had the same issue a while back. I posted something on their Facebook page and they sent me a personal message. Apparently, there is a no loctite box to check at the bottom of the page, never saw it, otherwise they pour it on.  They told me I could send it back and they'd fix it at no cost.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just went though the ordering process without actually ordering and if there's a no locktite option I didn't see it.  I did post on their FB page suggesting a move to Purple locktite.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue loctite is perfect for holsters.  There is no need for red, silly Bladetech
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI for IWB holsters, do not use holster in till the locktite is dry, it will burn a blister in your skin, ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I even took a soldering iron to the screws hoping it would loosen the compound up a little bit.  No joy.  Glad I finally got it apart but damn that was a process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top