Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2016 5:58:06 PM EDT
Popping in here to see if I can get lucky.

I have an early Surefire 610R 1911 light that needs a Surefire slide stop lever to mount it.
Surefire doesn't service them any more.
So, if any body by mere chance happens to have one or knows of one, a heads up would be greatly appreciated.
It's a great light and it would suck to bin it or break it up for parts.

Pics, cause pics are good.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be a relatively easy project for someone with access to a lathe/a drill press and a welder. You could even make an improved MR07 style slide stop with the rotating pin.

Standard slide stop and .200" tool steel rod (or .25" for a pivoting MR07 style and a C clip) is all you or who ever is making it for you would need.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would be a relatively easy project for someone with access to a lathe/a drill press and a welder. You could even make an improved MR07 style slide stop with the rotating pin.

Standard slide stop and .200" tool steel rod (or .25" for a pivoting MR07 style and a C clip) is all you or who ever is making it for you would need.
View Quote

I'm thinking the easiest way is to copy the original.
My understanding is that they were pressed into the slide stop, no weld, I could be wrong.
I wouldn't mind the weld personally.
The shaft itself would need to be around 0.367"-0.370" longer than on the standard slide stop at a minimum.
The 0.0367" was the minimum I got when measuring the housing were the shaft inserts.
I think it would need to be around 0.385" or a little more. Most pictures appear to show it sticking out beyond the house as a normal slide stop does on the frame of a 1911.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top