Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2016 5:05:54 PM EDT
I've been using regular leather belts for years, but I think maybe a stiffer belt is better. Preferably 1.75" wide, not fancy and preferably under $35, but price is not a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Under $35 you won't find much of a quality belt to carry the weight of a firearm. I have a few tractor supply belts that work ok but over time they stretch out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree, under $35.00 is going to be tough.

Now I use http://www.thebeltman.net/www/htdocs/index.html

Belts made to order, great customer service, I have two belts that I have been using now for about 7 years each. Both still look fantastic and still in great shape and fairly stiff.

I found out a while ago that I could buy cheap belts and have them last one or two years or buy a seriously good belt and basically have it last a long long time.

Expensive belt has kept me from gaining weight lmao.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Forgot to add I use a Ares Ranger belt and love it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.koreessentials.com/x1-gun-buckle-black-belt/
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I like my Hanks belt quite a bit. The gunner is a good choice.

These are the LTPs or Less Than Perfect belts.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/hanks-less-than-perfect-belts.html
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I splurged a couple of years ago and got a Beltman belt.  Worth every penny.  It is so much better than the $30 belts you get at the local Carhartt store.

I don't carry, but I've no doubt this belt would hold up to it.

I have a Wilderness belt also, great belt when you want an all weather outdoor belt.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Another recommendation for a belt from Beltman. Like you, I always just used regular belts. After I bought my CrossBreed SuperTuck a few years ago, I noticed that the belt clips kept slipping up and over the thin, regular belts and poking me int he side. I was also having to replace the regular belts every couple of years when they stretched out and got floppy. I splurged and got a belt from Beltman. OUTSTANDING! Because it is so stiff, it makes carrying a lot more comfortable because the belt doesn't stretch or sag. I found, like a lot of others, that I didn't have to cinch the belt up as tight to keep everything in place, making it more comfortable, as well. It is also thick enough that the clips for every holster I have tried clip over the belt very securely and don't come loose. I got one of the ready made belts and it wasn't cheap at about $75, but it is GREAT! Try one and I don't think you'll ever go back to a regular belt again.

Bub75
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I love the Hanks LTP Gunner I got a few weeks ago!  Absolute steal for the price.  I still haven't figured out what is supposed to be "less than perfect" about mine...
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I love the Hanks LTP Gunner I got a few weeks ago!  Absolute steal for the price.  I still haven't figured out what is supposed to be "less than perfect" about mine...
View Quote

+1

I got 2 of the less than perfect belts and they look great.

Plus they are guaranteed for 100 years.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Easy:  http://www.crossbreedseconds.com/belts.php?sort=length&order=1  $35 to $50 or so.

I've even sorted them by length for you.  

I have two of these 'seconds' and have yet to find the blem on either one.  Thick and sturdy for carry, and good looking too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I have worn a Bianchi double thickness 1 3/4" leather belt for ~20 years and it is just now starting to show enough wear to make me think about a replacement.

For everyday wear, a double thickness leather belt cut on the curve so it doesn't bunch up as it curves around your hips is an awesome choice.  Avoid straight cut leather belts unless they are a skinny docker or dress pant belt.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone tried Bigfoot or Magpul belts yet?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#16]
511 leather with poly core was $50.00 at Gander. I  bet it would have been under about $35.00 elsewhere. I did not like the 511 Velcro/Tac looking belt. It felt like a steel strap around me. I like the 511 leather w/poly core belt. It made my IWB holsters much more comfortable to wear. The holsters actually stay in place now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I have had most of the belts that were mentioned. Save your time and money and go with the Volund Gear works G-hook belt. Trust me
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Like you, I also used a variety of leather belts on duty and off duty for over 20 years. I was trying to find the best belt. I went from regular leather to Sharkskin to elephant skin and then to nylon.  Then I discovered the 5.11 Apex Gunner's Belt about 5 years ago. It is made of TPU coated B10 that is like a rubberized material that is extremely strong, thin, and light weight. It beats any other belt that I have ever tried and worn for years. These are about $60 and only 1.5," so I don't know if they will fit your gear since you wanted a larger belt. I have worn mine for 5 years and it still looks like new, which I cannot say for any of my leather, shark, or elephant belts. It also looks good enough that I will wear it with my suits and sport coats. My EDC (on my belt) is a full size 1911 all steel pistol, 3 magazines, a flashlight, and Key Bak key chain set. The belt easily supports this gear. But, that's not all. I carry an extra two magazines in my pants cargo pocket, large cell phone in other cargo pocket, and two folding knives in knife pockets, as well as a wallet. I have a box full of conventional belts. This is the only belt I will wear and will probably last me the rest of my life. Check it out.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-59492-apex-belt.html
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Ares Aegis belt and thank me in a few years when the belt is still like new and not sagging like every leather belt I have ever had.  Yeah it cost a bit much but I have had mine coming up on 3 years and it is as good as it was day one.  I cannot say that about any other belt I have ever owned.  I have owned leather, leather/kydex, other brand non-leather (wilderness) and none made it past 2 years before they begin to sag or just not carry as well.

Buy once cry once and I did not follow this and wasted A LOT of money over the years on different belts that were cheaper than an Ares belt.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have had most of the belts that were mentioned. Save your time and money and go with the Volund Gear works G-hook belt. Trust me
View Quote

I agree with this.

I have a G-Hook, and a 1.75" Atlas with cobra buckle.  I much prefer the G-Hook.

I currently have an Ares Aegis enhanced that I really dislike.  I don't understand the rave for Ares belts.  Mine is nothing special, other than being priced way too high.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#21]
beltman belts are awesome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top