Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2016 11:45:34 AM EDT
http://www.cooksholsters.com/inside-waist-band-trigger-guard-carry/

Anyone tried one of these, or one of the other versions? I think Raven calls theirs the Vanguard? I have an Alien Gear Cloak that I love, but at times it's a bit bulky. I wouldn't mind something a little easier to take off/put on for when I'm in and out of off limits places.

I like the fact that this style has minimal bulk but still has a clip, something that has turned me off from the other trigger guard style holsters in the past. I know there is not much difference size wise between this and a full on kydex holster, but I figured I'd see if anyone has tried something like this and liked or disliked it.

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks just like the Q Series holster I've been using for my Glock 43.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Q series is another one like it. Have you been happy with it, especially on the 43? I'm contemplating a change from a Kahr (never have liked the trigger) to either a G43 or a shield.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, Q series is another one like it. Have you been happy with it, especially on the 43? I'm contemplating a change from a Kahr (never have liked the trigger) to either a G43 or a shield.

View Quote

Yes, I love it. Love the 43 even more. I ditched a PM9 I'd carried for a decade for the 43 a year ago. The 43 is a much better pistol, in every way.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, I love it. Love the 43 even more. I ditched a PM9 I'd carried for a decade for the 43 a year ago. The 43 is a much better pistol, in every way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to hear it. It's definitely on the short list. I had a Grandfather Oak that I sold off and regret big time now. No issues with the Q Series staying put on your belt? Carries ok? Are you going AIWB or traditional 3-4 o'clock?

That's good to hear about the 43, especially coming from a PM9. I've got a CM9, so that's pretty much apples to apples for your experience. I picked up a G43 the other day and was pretty surprised at how good it felt in hand. It definitely felt like a bigger gun. I won't be making any gun purchases until after summer ends, so I've still got a little time to make up my mind. A local range has both the shield and 43 available for rent, so I'm going to spend a day with both and see which one I shoot better.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:57:39 AM EDT
[#5]
A lot of people like this style of holster. Personally, I prefer a holster that covers the sights.

For you guys that run them, do the sights and/or ejection port not snag when drawing the weapon in a hurry?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A lot of people like this style of holster. Personally, I prefer a holster that covers the sights.

For you guys that run them, do the sights and/or ejection port not snag when drawing the weapon in a hurry?
View Quote

I've thought about that, and I've heard people wonder that, but I've yet to find anyone who owns one say it's an issue. That being said, part of why I'm posting here is because there's not much in the way of reviews out there. In my mind, I can see the sight snagging, but I can also see the sight being kept clear of things by the sides of the slide.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Look at Raw Dog Tactical.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 4:34:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've thought about that, and I've heard people wonder that, but I've yet to find anyone who owns one say it's an issue. That being said, part of why I'm posting here is because there's not much in the way of reviews out there. In my mind, I can see the sight snagging, but I can also see the sight being kept clear of things by the sides of the slide.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read a review for the Vanguard, pretty sure it was in a thread on here, that said the ejection port caught on their pantline inside and moved the gun around a bit. That's about the only issue ive actually read, everybody else seems to love them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I carried a Glock 17K in a Vanguard for awhile and it just moved around too much for me.  I have a JM AIWB with a clip and its more stabe, more comfortable, and easier to don&doff than the Vanguard.  

I have 10-8 sights with a .235" front and never had any snagging issues on the draw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top