Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2016 10:50:08 PM EDT
I am looking for a doctor/burris fastfire pattern rear sight mount for a Glock 17.  I want the optic to be as low to the bore as possible (I know milling is better option for to expensive for now).  The models I am considering are:

1)Strike Industries G.U.M,
2) Dueck RBU ( has back up iron sight but expensive- I dont really need back up irons (but would be nice to have) as this is strictly a range gun, not self defense, carry or duty),
3) Burris FastFire Glock mount
4) EWG mount for doctor/glock.

Anyone with experience with these models or others please let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I used a trijicon dovetail mount for an rmr on a 10mm glock. I shot a deer with it and it worked good enough for that but it was hard to get a fast sight picture because it was so high above the gun.  I wish I had saved up and had the slide milled. Then my buddy offered me a ton of money for the whole set up so I sold it lol.  Wish I still had it now though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#3]
For other users reference I went with the Stike Industries G.U.M (compatible with every major red dot on the market),  It sits flush to my pistols frame and is very low profile.  I have not measured it but the mount is very thin and fit is excellent. Getting it on was no easy task and I have not looked but imagine that the finish on my pistol is scuffed up.  I put a vortex viper on the mount, works great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top