Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2016 4:50:58 PM EDT
Most of us know the Safariland 6377 and 6378 holsters are one of the best values out there for a high quality retention holster. One of this holsters biggest draw backs is the included belt loop. The loop is flat, flexible plastic that is diffcult to secure to a thick belt. The loops also makes placing the holster over a belt loop frustrating.

Knowing the Safariland 6377 and 6378 both use Safariland's standard "T" mount pattern I ordered a 565BL from LA Police Gear for $11.99. The 565BL is a solid injection molded 1.5" belt loop with a tunnel for the belt built in.

Inside the package there is the loop, various lengths of screws, Allen wrench, and a spacer.

You can see the difference between the two loops.

Installed on the 6378

I used the supplied spacer as this holster really isn't concealable anyways. Note the tunnel.

On the belt. You'll note the grip of the firearm is now farther away from the body similar to a duty holster.

Final thoughts:
Excellent upgrade to an excellent holster. This belt loop is what should come with the 6377/6378. The only other addition I need to make to this holster is the 6006 ALS Guard.

Regarding the spacer I believe the intent of the spacer was so this loop could be used with SLS duty holsters however it works fine with the ALS holster. I will say this setup is not for those running a limp belt. My Wilderness with the insert is just fine but due to the foot print of the belt loop there is a lot of leverage on the belt. A cheap belt will flop.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice upgrade, agree that the loops that come with it are sub-par. Question: Does using your new loops cant the gun or is it straight vertical?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
nice
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice upgrade, agree that the loops that come with it are sub-par. Question: Does using your new loops cant the gun or is it straight vertical?
View Quote

There is probably a 10 degree forward cant. The inability to adjust the cant is probably the only downside to this mod.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got a 578 GLS off of Amazon and it came with the rounded belt option and the paddle.  Also the belt option is slotted rather than fixed so you can set your own cant degree.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder where the 1.5" drop belt attachment (SKU #: SL-6075UBL) would place the holster as far as ride height?

I'm curious because it would be cool to have both attachments and be able to use the holster as both a concealment (under a jacket) hi-ride on a normal belt as well as a low ride type holster on a duty/war belt. The 1.5" drop attachment is sized to fit 2 to 2.25" belts. If the low ride attachment would keep the backstrap of the pistol about level with the top of the belt, that would be about perfect. Or would the holster ride so low that you'd need a strap for your leg as well to keep it stable?

Having multiple inexpensive ways of attaching the same holster to a range of gear in a variety of positions is quite nice. I'm thinking very strongly about ordering both of these loops so I have a suitable setup for all my applications.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wonder where the 1.5" drop belt attachment (SKU #: SL-6075UBL) would place the holster as far as ride height?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/policestuff_2415_31567595607

I'm curious because it would be cool to have both attachments and be able to use the holster as both a concealment (under a jacket) hi-ride on a normal belt as well as a low ride type holster on a duty/war belt. The 1.5" drop attachment is sized to fit 2 to 2.25" belts. If the low ride attachment would keep the backstrap of the pistol about level with the top of the belt, that would be about perfect. Or would the holster ride so low that you'd need a strap for your leg as well to keep it stable?

Having multiple inexpensive ways of attaching the same holster to a range of gear in a variety of positions is quite nice. I'm thinking very strongly about ordering both of these loops so I have a suitable setup for all my applications.

View Quote

I happen to have an old 6285 sitting around, so I just tried the 1.5" drop loop with a 637x on my competition belt.

The gun sits well below the belt line, with the butt of the gun roughly even with the bottom of the belt (1.5" CR Speed), but if your hands are relaxed at sides the gun is in a very nice position for a fast draw, and the holster is angled outward for better access to the release lever.

I like it enough that I'm going to keep it that way for now and try it live next weekend.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info. It turns out that there is yet another belt adapter for these holsters that is suppose to offer a medium ride height (SKU: SL-6070UBL)

That is probably the one that would work better for what I was intending.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top