Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2016 7:00:33 PM EDT
Anyone use Raven Concealment holsters? I'm 12 weeks into my "8-10" week wait without a single order status update.

I've have been told I'd be called back with an update more than once, but no calls have been returned. On my last call I asked if adding an item to my still-untouched order would cause an additional delay and was told that if I did that the entire 12 week old order would be put back at the BEGINNING of the wait list! Wow.

I'm strongly considering asking for a refund at this point due to missed deadlines and poor customer service. I have to decide pretty promptly, though. Any experience?

I see this is still on their website, question #1 under the FAQ. During one of my calls, I was told that none of this is correct. Several weeks later, it's still there on the site and no updates. Really not a great experience for a first-time customer.

"1. Order Status & Lead Times

a. How can I get an update on my order status?
Login to your account on our web store and you’ll be able to see the status of your order. We will email you as your order moves though our fulfillment process. If you do not get a confirmation email when you order, make sure our emails to you are not going into your Spam folder. Please do not email us about the status of your order unless it has not shipped after 8-10 weeks."

Does anyone have any RECENT experience with RCS and can shed some light? What would you do in my case?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Raven makes an excellent holster and they are manned by good people.

Be a little more patient and I'm sure you'll get your holster.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
How long do you think is reasonable to wait, then?

How many times should I accept being told I'd get a call back or a status update without one before I'm no longer considered impatient?

I don't want to be unreasonable.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
No personal experience with Raven, but your experience isn't the first such I've seen with them; they're just so in demand (read, 'fashionable') after the magpul dvd's.

Fwiw, fifty bucks and two-week turnaround time:

Crown holsters; I have six of them iirc for different guns and like them all.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my Raven one hell of alot
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have recent experience with lead time on custom RCS orders?

How long are they ACTUALLY taking from payment to shipment, lately? I can't get an answer from the company and was hoping someone else had ordered/received something this year.

Unfortunate that a popular combo like a Glock and a Streamlight would be "custom" to begin with.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
RockyJay-

I'm Michael Goerlich, and I own Raven Concealment Systems.

We've been slammed with orders pretty much non-stop since SHOT Show, and unfortunately, that surge of business has caused us to miss the mark at getting some of the custom orders out on-time.  The blame rests solely on us, and frankly, we should have done a better job communicating this to customers who were waiting on  custom orders they had placed.  We not only failed to meet our quoted lead times; we failed to communicate and manage customer expectations.  For this, I am very sorry.

Could you please email me directly with your order number(s)?  I will get this issue resolved as quickly as possible and get back to you with an update.

Again, my apologies for the poor customer service.  We strive to provide excellent service, but when we mess up, I will always own it and make things right.

My email is [email protected].
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Michael is good people.  He will do what he says to get you squared away...,even if he is a ginger!  RCS makes great products- it will be worth the wait
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#8]
You could have ordered from JM Custom kydex and gotten a better holster for less than what you paid for the Raven and had it within 10 weeks probably less.

Raven is only worth it if you need a holster quickly and they happen to have exactly what you need available under the quick ship option. At that point, I justify the price as a pay more to have it now sort of thing (their pricing increased not long ago). Raven doesn't make a bad holster, but they are hyped up for sure. They are the most widely recognized of the Kydex holster makers so people tend to get in line for them first. You can get just as well made a product from Bravo Concealment or RKBA for less than what you pay for the Raven.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have about half a dozen Ravens, all custom made to my specs.  I need something that rides higher than normal, and Raven always accommodates my requests without hesitation.  Yes, it takes a while for their custom shop to make these for me.  

Like many, I have the proverbial box of holsters sitting around.  And I'm a huge fan of all things leather; paid beaucoup bucks to have the interior of my car converted to leather.  But without a doubt, I'm a Raven kydex convert.  I've tried them all, to include some of the top leather holster makers in the industry with their long lead times also, and I've never had a holster that rode tighter to the body (and FTR I use only OWB with their pancake wings), secured the weapon better, and was faster in the drawstroke, than these holsters.

I've always found their customer service to be really good, and their product warrantee support is also excellent.  Had one for a Baer SRP that developed a crack for some reason.  I just wanted to stop-drill the crack, and called to see what they recommended to fill the crack.  They insisted I send the cracked holster - which was more than 5 years old - back and they'd replace it.  When I told them it was a custom high-ride build they didn't care; they replaced it with a brand new one with the custom high ride at no charge.

No, I don't work for them.  And yes, there are lots of really good kydex holster makers out there.  But Raven makes a really high quality product that I think you'll like.  I hope your contact with the company president went well and you get your holster soon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Plenty of other great holster makers out there so you don't have to wait that long. A lot of makers also have a rush list you can order from as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 5 Raven holsters + 4 or 5 mag pouches. I've had them for years.
A while back I had a custom G17 holster made that took about 14 or 15 weeks to get to my door. Not a huge deal to me.

Being fortunate enough to know some of the same people, and dealing with them many times, I would have no problems waiting twice as long for a custom holster from them.

I'm of the mind set that I can give my money to anyone for a product, but I'd much rather give it to people I respect vs. the quick easy route.

Great folks and great products.

ETA: Just received a package of quick ship items that still show "awaiting fulfillment" on my account. Haha. 4 days from order to my door.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a mag carrier from Raven Concealment on February 9.  It was delivered on April 16.  I am currently waiting on a Phantom holster that I ordered on January 14.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#13]
IBX Tactical is my kydex go to, super quick turn arounds, and I usually get something custom 3d embossed at no extra charge.

Here's my Glock 27 holster I wear on Chief's game days, arrowhead and all!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I ordered a Phantom holster on January 14.  It was delivered on April 20.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#15]
OP here, following up.

I decided not to respond to Mr. Goerlich's kind offer of personal service. Though I appreciate being reached out to in response to my post here, I opted to just wait and see how everything played out without intervention. I had already called RCS with my contact/order info and was pending response from the front office at the same time. I did eventually receive a call back several days later, but only with the answer of "I reached out to the builder but did not get an updated completion date from him." So, I did finally get a followup, but it left me still in the dark about the status, unfortunately.  I was told I'd get another call, but did not.

I received my order this week. It was 13 weeks and 4 days total, from order to receipt.

I didn't think it was all that long past the 8-10 week estimate, actually, but RCS dropped the ball by not reaching out first about the delay or even calling me back with an actual update.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#16]
How do you like the holster?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#17]
The holster's great. I knew it would be, ordering from RCS. I was never worried about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top