Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2016 7:50:28 PM EDT
Need a carry for my Shield, comfort, ease of withdrawing and retention are of most importance.   TIA
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]

NVM, was going post a suggestion for the full size M&P.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a good thread about this very topic about a week ago.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
For IWB a Stealth Gear
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Phlster Access all the way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Blackhawk Serpa Level II paddle holster for OWB

Biachi Model 10A for IWB

I have both, they are excellent for the shield.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently picked up a Shield and have a Foxx IWB holster that's pretty nice. I might would go with the Little Foxx if ordering again. I also ordered an IWB from PJ Holsters that I'm waiting on to come in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
My Desantis is perfect.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
How do you carry? IWB, OWB? Preference for leather or kydex? Both can be comfortable or uncomfortable depending on the quality of the holster. Kydex especially you have to pay for a comfortable IWB set up. Of course, a Talon IWB costs $50 and it was not comfortable for me. My JM Custom AIWB is more comfortable than the Talon and I was carrying a Ruger LCP and later a S&W Bodyguard .380 in a Talon.

Kydex has to be folded over, smoothed and dehorned to be comfortable in AIWB and for really any IWB if you go kydex. There is always hybrid. I hear good things about Crossbreed and the new Alien Gear Cloak 3.0 looks like a great affordable option if you carry in the 4:00-5:00 area.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought a DeSantis mini scabbard and like it a lot.  It's very comfortable, sits tight to the hip, retentions is good and it does not print much more than IWB.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been pretty happy with my "Fist #1K" for AIWB.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 4:35:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I use a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and are, so far, 100% happy with it. I only have only been using it for four months and because of my crazy shift work schedual I cant really offer any evaluations on durability yet. But I can tell you it is quite confortable and has very good retention, easy draw and easy re-holstering. I am a bigger fraimed man at 6'-2" and around 260 and i carry mine right side kidney area.

No matter what holster you buy, if it's a IWB a excellent purpose made for CC belt is as, if not more important than the holster itself and a "MUST" buy item.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got rid of my Shield but I carried it in an Incog AIWB holster and it was damn comfortable and concealable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got rid of my Shield but I carried it in an Incog AIWB holster and it was damn comfortable and concealable.
View Quote

I second the incog.  That's what and how I carry my shield.  A little spendy but fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I second the incog.  That's what and how I carry my shield.  A little spendy but fantastic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Third. I carry my shield in one every day.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:00:21 AM EDT
[#15]
If you want all day comfort along with great concealability wear a Crossbreed minituck with horsehide backer strongside.
Thank me later.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For IWB a Stealth Gear
View Quote

I just ordered an AIWB for my shield from them the other day, hoping it doesn't take the advertised 45 day waiting time, and live up to the hype
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#17]
MTAC from Comp-Tac.  I have 3 and they are comfortable for all day wear.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I live my BlackPoint Tactical Mini-Wing. I can carry all day and drive all day without discomfort. Works bot IWB and AIWB. I'm fat(ish) so I carry 4-5o'clock.

The leather wings allow you to adjust cant and height. It's NICE!

I don't carry it like this, I have it placed on belt for display... Lol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone try one of these yet :

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Although its not quite as comfortable as the CrossBreed SuperTuck, I have an original, leather Alien Gear hybrid for my Shield. It meets all of your requirements very well- very comfortable, holster mouth stays open for easy reholstering and retention is great. Concealability is also excellent. I'd definitely buy one again, especially for the price.

Bub75
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#21]
The clip draw can be handy for smaller framed pistols IF it's used with a kydex trigger guard tied off to a belt loop. I have used them, I prefer a full double clip hybrid. I'm not in love with the company, but the crossbreed minituck Is a wildly comfortable edc holster for small autos. I have one for my xds and it disappears when I put it on.

I'll second bub, the alien gear cloak tuck 1 is a great choice too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#22]
The new Raven Concealment Morrigan has been wonderful for me.

Lots of versatility, can be carried in a wide variety of ways on your hip (appendix, 4:00 etc). Belt loops are solid and well made, retention is revolutionary, and it's cheap...$50 from a very reputable company!

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll give it a 4th. Incog or Trex Arms
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I use the Alien Gear hybrid. Conceals very well and the holster has been more durable than some of the other tier brands that competes with it. Very comfy too...can take a nap and totally forget that it's on you
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#25]
If you like hybrids, the best two-clip I've used is the Stealth Gear Onyx. Unbelievably comfortable and the sweat management is the best there is .... period.

For a gun that small, consider a single-clip hybrid. Mine is the Wee Celtic from Celtic Holsters. It is thinner than just about every all-kydex holster I've tried and infinitely more comfortable. My G43 disappears in this holster and is so comfortable that I actually enjoy wearing it.

If you like all-kydex, I think it would be quite hard to beat the Raven Concealment Morrigan for the price. If you don't mind spending a bit more, perhaps the G-Code Incog might beat it, but I am not sure about that.

If you like leather, Milt Sparks Criterion.

Just for kicks, here are my G19 in its Stealth Gear Onyx and my G43 in its Wee Celtic Holster.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Bravo Concealment IWB

IMG_4877
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top