Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
More MAS grey love. I am 5'11" currently 175. Please excuse the dress belt.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought this was a straight drop holster? Mine seems to have cant. But this picture I found on Instagram seems to be straight drop. Anyone know what's going on?

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought this was a straight drop holster? Mine seems to have cant. But this picture I found on Instagram seems to be straight drop. Anyone know what's going on?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2rfyfwk.jpg
View Quote

The wide belt clip gives it a slight forward cant.

The skinny belt clip included with the packaging makes it a straight drop.  I removed the wide clip and installed the skinny one.  Much better for me this way.

The skinny clip attaches to the retention screws.  The longer nuts and screws are also included in the packaging.  Kinda looks like half of a T-Rex Arms Sidecar holster with the skinny clip mounted.

ETA:  Just saw your picture and noticed the screws are a little different due to the weapon light.  Another option might be to file the wide clip attachment screw holes on the holster itself or even holes in the clip only to allow for tilting the mounting angle to your liking.  I've done that with Kydex holsters in the past.  Go slow and make minor adjustments until you get it to your liking though.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#4]

I assumed the skinny clip was to be mounted like this. What else are those 4 holes for?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://i67.tinypic.com/nohn4i.jpg

I assumed the skinny clip was to be mounted like this. What else are those 4 holes for?
View Quote

Yep.  Those holes are made for the tuckable clip.

Also, if you go to filing on holes, I would suggest doing it on the clip and not messing with the holster.  If things go bad, the clip is easier to replace than the holster.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Had it for about a week now. Seems like the claw does exactly what it should. I have a Shield in an INCOG and I think I like the Raptor a bit better. No "real" reason... maybe it just the excitement of something new. http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p654/gun369fighter/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1777_zps6nfiuujw.jpg

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p654/gun369fighter/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1778_zpspsaqn9cf.jpg

Sorry for the huge pics... still working that out

View Quote

I like that pattern, where did you get it from\? I went on trex website and couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

http://i67.tinypic.com/nohn4i.jpg

View Quote

Perfect!  Skinny clip success.  Straight-drop achievement unlocked.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Click on "Upgrades", pick the Kryptek Kydex upgrade (or any of them) and put it in the cart!

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does anyone run the sidecar he has with a mag for reloads. I've considered it but that's a pretty good size footprint to manage. I'm 45, 5'11 at about 215 so I don't have much...much of a gut for aiwb and thst is my preferred method of carry. Just curious of anyone else besides an in shape thin 20 something guy does.
View Quote

I have to break this up due to character limit

I bought the sidecar for my Shield and received it Monday..  I am 6 ft, about 240 lbs.  I do have a stomach.  

The holster is very well made.  I had hoped I could run it at 1-2 o'clock.  Does not work that way.  It's 12 o'clock only.  Since I have a stomach it pushes the bottom of the holster into me.  I have a friend that carries AIWB exclusively and she has put a piece of Dr. Shols gel insert on the back side to cushion (and she is about 90 lbs so stick thin).   I stuffed a sock behind the holster (insert sock stuffed pants here) and it really helped not only in cushioning the bottom, but pushing the gun into my stomach more and helped with concealment.  So I will be gluing a gel insert to the back as soon as I can make it to the store.  I think a backing of some sort is almost a requirement for AIWB no matter your body type.   Sitting in the car is very comfortable.  I also have an 8 m/o baby and sitting cross legged on the floor to change a diaper is very comfortable.  Something that was not possible with other brands I have borrowed from friends.

I bought the Sidecar for the specific reason is it's tuckable.  I work multiple jobs ( both require that I tuck my shirt) and all are weapons free zones.  Screw that, so I need something that conceals.  I also like the attached mag carrier.  I did not realize that the Raptor came with the tuckable clips as well.  If I had known that I probably would have bought that instead.  Even with my stomach it conceals very well.  If interested I can try and get some pics.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#11]
2/3

There are a few negatives that is more personal preference.  I am a man of convenience.  I do not wear at my main job for the simple fact is it's my main income and getting fired for carrying a gun would be very bad.  So I leave the gun in the car.  With the holster It's too big to fit in my center console.  So I would have remove the gun, slip it into my remora so the trigger is covered and then put it in the console.  Reverse that to go back to the holster.  That's a lot of monkeying around.  Also since I have to put the gun on and off so much it's a lot of work to put the holster on.  With my simple kydex holster I normally use I could just tuck it in at 4-5 o'clock as I get out of my truck.  With the sidecar I will need to get out, face the interior and get the holster on.
Also I have a thick leather gun belt with a standard buckle.  Again alot of monkeying around to get the clips over the belt and the buckle between the clips.  It's also difficult to undo the buckle with the holster on.  I'm considering a belt with an Aegis buckle.  I think that will work much better.
The other issue is going to the bathroom.  Obviously you will need to remove the holster to undo everything.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#12]
3/3

Please don't see any of the above as a shot against the holster.  I really like it overall.  I'm just nitpicking and like I said, I am a man of convenience.  Being able to just throw it on and off is a huge thing for me.  This is definitely a holster you put on in the morning and don't remove till you undress for bed.  It might get moved to weekend only duty.  I think I will order a Raptor in the future.  Just don't have the funds to experiment with another holster at the moment, especially if I buy a belt (actually two, I am in need of a new dress belt pretty badly) with the Aegis buckle.

I will say customer service is top notch.  I had questions before I bought and Lucas, one of the owners, was very patient and made sure he answered everything.  I also had a few questions and concerns after I received it and again, very responsive.  I highly recommend giving them a try .
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Placed my order last night, I went with the nomad ( I do not appendix carry )and double mag pouch

Nomad Holster (#nomad-holster)
Weapon System: Glock 17/22/31
Color: Pattern Upgrade (See UPGRADES page)
Dominant Hand: Right
Sweat Guard: Mid Guard (+$5)
Belt Clip Size: 1.5"
Optic cut: Yes (+$5)  1 $55.00
Kryptek Kydex Upgrade (#kryptek-upgrade)
PATTERN: Kryptek Raid
PRODUCT TYPE: Nomad  1 $10.00

Double Pistol Mag Carrier (#double-pistol-carrier)
Weapon System: Glock 9/40/.357 SIG
Color Front: Pattern Upgrade (See UPGRADES page)
Color Back: Black
Round Oreintation: Rounds pointing forward
Carry Side (for mag carrier): Left Side Carry
Mounting Hardware: 1.5" Loops  1 $55.00
Kryptek Kydex Upgrade (#kryptek-upgrade)
PATTERN: Kryptek Raid
PRODUCT TYPE: Double/Triple Mag Carrier  1 $10.00

Subtotal:
$130.00

Shipping:
$5.00 via Flat Rate  

Total:
$135.00

I will post pics when it arrives
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Considering trying one of these(G19), but have questions. Sweatguard mid/high or none? I'd wear no undershirt, and have a belly(for now) .
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I went with the Mid on the sweatguard.  Nothing more painful than getting some stomach flesh pinched off in a reholstering
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:07:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Considering trying one of these(G19), but have questions. Sweatguard mid/high or none? I'd wear no undershirt, and have a belly(for now) .
View Quote

I always go with the full sweat guard if its a gun I plan on carrying. My reasoning is that I practice with all of my carry gear, and during range sessions or training courses the gun will get hot so I like to have the full sweat guard to keep the heat away from my body.

Also keeps sweat off of your slide in the summer when you sweat, hence the name
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I recently received my sidecars. One for the G19 w/ TLR-1 and one for the G26. I have to say these are by far the best kydex holsters I've used to date.

" />

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Go ahead and say I am crazy or what for i am asking but don't really care. Finally deciding try for the first time a IWB holster always was outside tell now. Is the hand of an IWB the same as an outside holster? I shoot left handed and want to do appendix carry. So does mean a left IWB?
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go ahead and say I am crazy or what for i am asking but don't really care. Finally deciding try for the first time a IWB holster always was outside tell now. Is the hand of an IWB the same as an outside holster? I shoot left handed and want to do appendix carry. So does mean a left IWB?
View Quote

Correct. When you order your IWB holster you'll pick left/right hand and for you it'll be left.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top