Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2015 11:21:56 AM EDT
I recently got my FNX 45 Tactical. Primary purpose is a home defense gun for next to the bed. In a quick access safe.
My most likely real world engagement range of 25 meters or less I have a question or two.

My intent to get a trijicon RMR 07, Surfire x400plus green, and a can (Either aTi-Rant 45/45s, Osprey, or Octane)

I'm leaning towards the 6.5 MOA RMR. As a purely tactical setup it seems to make sense.
Is there a benefit to the 3.5 MOA? Is there an RMR that is "better"?  Probably won't shoot competition steel. Engaging a target at more than 25 meters makes arguing self defense hard.

I like the idea of redundancy. Co-witnessed iron sights with the RMR for example. So, is it worth the added expense to add the laser the the Surfire light? Is the 400
far superior to the 300 if I chose to not get the laser? Is the green laser worth the premium? I also figured I could sight the RMR at 15-20 meters and the laser at say 30 or vice versa. Is the point of aim/impact that different at that range using say, Hornandy Critical Duty or Defense?

Which can is best, as in the best attenuation? Obviously the Osprey looks cool but I like the ability to break down and clean the others. How often do you clean your suppressor? I like the idea of the Ti-Rant 45s shorter length because of the possibility of keeping it on the barrel as a beside the bed gun( in a quick access safe) the others are too long. Do you keep your suppressor mounted?

I'm not made of money so this will be a multi step package. Which accessory would you go with first? My thought is the light as the night sights are decent for what I need right now.

Any thoughts and inputs at all would be appreciated. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top