Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2015 8:07:51 PM EDT
I am looking for the best way to carry a spare mag on my person, that can be concealed with my shirt tucked in. Obviously easy to get to and draw the mag, but discreetly. I've tried a IWB and that particular holster didn't work, a Foxx double mag.

It's a Glock 19, probably have a 17 mag, potentially with a+2 on it.

I've seen the snag mag, and different pocket holster, but have read little on these.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Why wouldn't a closed-on-top magazine pouch work?  It will look just like a knife pouch.  You are legally carrying right?

Less than $15.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]

I picked up a cheap multi-tool (like a Leatherman knockoff) and it came with a nice nylon pouch with a flap to close it.  I slip my magazine in there and anyone that sees it just thinks it is a multi-tool on my belt.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why wouldn't a closed-on-top magazine pouch work?  It will look just like a knife pouch. You are legally carrying right?

http://www.rangebags.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/BGMP1_400x400.jpg  Less than $15.
View Quote

Of course, as close to the letter of the law as possible.

I have tried a multi tool pouch, did not have a mag with me when I got it and it didn't fit, but this was years ago.

They don't show specs, will a full size mag, with an extension, fit in it?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]

I went and grabbed the multi-tool pouch I use and it is actually a Gerber.  Wish I knew where I lost that Gerber at but here are a couple of pictures.  The magazine in the photo is a HK USP .40 full size, double stack magazine that holds 12 rounds of Ghetto Gobbler Repellent.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not tactical, left front pocket. I just blow the lint out when I clean my pistol.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
May not be practical since I hate tucking a shirt into "tuckable" holsters, but I carry a rig from TRex Arms that has a spare mag carrier built into it. Its made specifically to be an appendix holster, and is pretty comfortable. The ergonomics of it are great, but I don't know how well it would conceal if it had to be tucked in every day.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Front pocket.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:46:49 AM EDT
[#9]
If I'm not wearing dress clothes, I always carry a pair of leather gloves in my back left pocket, slip the mag in there. I've been skeptical of carrying extra mags in a bare pocket since I watched my cousins XDm 5.25 get jammed as hell with a mag he had in his back pocket from pocket lint. Luckily that was just an IPSC match vs life or death situation.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I'm not wearing dress clothes, I always carry a pair of leather gloves in my back left pocket, slip the mag in there. I've been skeptical of carrying extra mags in a bare pocket since I watched my cousins XDm 5.25 get jammed as hell with a mag he had in his back pocket from pocket lint. Luckily that was just an IPSC match vs life or death situation.
View Quote

Keep your pockets clean, or use pocket holster for magazine
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm a fan of the http://www.snagmag.com design
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]
left back pocket unless I'm sitting down a lot then left front pocket
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Front pocket, multi-tool pouch, or Foxx IWB hybrid carrier. Just depends on how I'm feeling.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Glock OEM mag pouch is the best concealed carry mag pouch I've found. Only time I use anything else is when I use a kydex double pouch.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
May not be practical since I hate tucking a shirt into "tuckable" holsters, but I carry a rig from TRex Arms that has a spare mag carrier built into it. Its made specifically to be an appendix holster, and is pretty comfortable. The ergonomics of it are great, but I don't know how well it would conceal if it had to be tucked in every day.
View Quote

If your carrying appendix, check out the JM Custom Kydex SPMP. It's a single canted mag pouch that tucks into the gap above the slide when carrying aiwb.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I've carried mine in my weak side back pocket alongside my wallet (to keep it from moving around) in the past.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I use a Safariland 123 fairly often. Other times I just stick it in my pocket.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Front pocket.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I use a remora mag carrier to carry a G17 magazine in my front pocket. The mag holder is great as it stays/sticks in your pocket when you draw the magazine and more importantly it keeps all the lint out of your mags.

Here is a link to the remora mag http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/Remora-Single-Accessory-Holder-2-Pack-IWB-p/1mhs2-.htm
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I EDC a smaller rig but I use a n G-Code INCOG with mag caddy.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Back left pocket with flashlight clipped on. Its slower then a pouch but I thinks its adequate for cc. If i can I carry in an open top pouch

All my other pockets have stuff. Knife, pen, and phone, front left. Keys, lighter, and change, right front. Wallet right rear.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Toss it in a pocket by itself.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#23]

This X2

clean mag, nice angle in the pocket and easy removal...

lots of different brands with similar concept
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top