Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2015 9:00:12 AM EDT
I have a Glock G40 10mm MOS on the way. I am pretty sure I will put a 3MOA Burris Fast Fire 3 on it.

The factory MOS Glocks come with normal iron sights that will be unusable/hidden by the Red dot.

Should I spend the money to get tall iron sights from dawson (or others) that will co-witness in the field of view with the red dot?
Example of tall co-witness sight sets

The use of this gun is for range shooting(targets/steel) /field shooting and possibly I might try hunting with it.

I already have a G23 for CCW/Home defense.

The real reason I ask is not for a backup if the red dot fails (I will just take it off and use the normal sights), but some have mentioned that the co-witnessed iron sights help you "find" the red dot.

Opinions and experience appreciated.

Thank You

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. Cowitnessed sights help out tremendously, especially on the draw and/or first shot. With cowitnessed sights, you just get your sight picture like you normally would and the dot just appears on the tip of your front sight.

I use Ameriglo suppressor height sights with my current RMR'd pistols, and I just ordered another pre-milled slide that will be arriving with the OST "RMR Optimized" sights to try out. I'm not sure if you need something MOS specific, though, as I know the RMR doesn't sit as deep in the slide on the MOS platform as it does in an RMR specific slide.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#2]
No need for co-witness sights. Just train and through repetition, you should be able to bring the gun up and be in line with the optic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top