Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2015 11:09:20 AM EDT
Anyone using it? Good, bad or even worth a look?

My main concern is most reviewers seem to be using it primarily for appendix carry which, isn't how I carry. (normally 3 o'clock) It looks bulky in photos and videos but maybe that's just me. The extension wing and wedge seem like cool features but I question how well they work or if they become cumbersome after time. It caught my eye seeing as it's compatible with multiple different glock models (17,19,26,34) and is modular.  Let me know of your thoughts.

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've tried MANY holsters before for my G17 or G19. JM Custom, Alien Gear, Bravo concealment etc...

None has impressed me as much as the Eidolon. Solid retention, wedge and the claw works very well, fast holster.

It is super modular as well.

I carry appendix. Haven't tried 3:00 position yet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it is an excellent holster! I use if for appendix carry only, but it is very comfortable and doesn't print, and im a big dude. 6' and 275lbs. I agree is looks bulky, but it isnt at all.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Agree with all above, love my Eidolon. I know it doesn't help you, but I also carry it appendix position. The holster feels MUCH less bulky than it looks, and doesn't create a huge gap between your body and belt. I would see no problems with carrying it at 3 oclock at all. I personally can never carry in that position because of some shoulder issues, plus it prints like all get-out on my hip. The wedge system may or may not be helpful on your hip, but it really does push the grip of the gun into your body to reduce printing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyday

And it comes with the hardware to wear it wherever you want. You don't HAVE to wear it appendix.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate the replies, gents.

I know it's not a requirement to wear it in the appendix position but, I noticed most people do. (like here) I'll look for one this weekend and see for myself.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree with all above, love my Eidolon. I know it doesn't help you, but I also carry it appendix position. The holster feels MUCH less bulky than it looks, and doesn't create a huge gap between your body and belt. I would see no problems with carrying it at 3 oclock at all. I personally can never carry in that position because of some shoulder issues, plus it prints like all get-out on my hip. The wedge system may or may not be helpful on your hip, but it really does push the grip of the gun into your body to reduce printing.
View Quote

Does the wedge just push against the belt pushing in the grip? I've never really looked much into Raven stuff in a few years.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Does the wedge just push against the belt pushing in the grip? I've never really looked much into Raven stuff in a few years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wedge pushes against your body tucking the whole top of the gun into your body, the claw is tucked behind the belt and that pushes the grip in.

I run mine with the claw only, just not a fan of the wedge on anything larger than a subcompact.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:02:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wedge pushes against your body tucking the whole top of the gun into your body, the claw is tucked behind the belt and that pushes the grip in.

I run mine with the claw only, just not a fan of the wedge on anything larger than a subcompact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, carrying a 19 in appendix position tends to get a "hot spot" on your groin from the pressure of the wedge against soft tissue. Ive found it to tuck nearly as well with the claw only also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top